[Request] Channel Addon like PseudoTV/TVTime
I'm trying to learn the language of these addons, and getting there slowly. But I was wondering if anyone could pick up (or help me to do so) where the tvtime addon left off? The developer isn't doing anything with it anymore and I hope to see some more features such as the following:

1.) Ability to detect video from html links for making channels out of LIVE streaming content instead of video xml feeds that few sites use and virtually none update. Maybe something like how Boxee can recognize the video.
2.) Option for playing movie based on year in folder channel creation with an option to name the folder channels (ie make a channel called New Movies playing only movies between 1-1-11 and 12-31-11)
3.) A way to only have shows and movies start at even 15 or 30 minute increments of real time (like if a TV show is 22 minutes and started at 6:00 the bumpers, trailers and commercials would play until 6:30)
4.) Functionality as a tuner front-end (yes, I doubt this is feasible but a man can dream)
5.) More renaming functions in user created channels.
6.) A serial mode that works for TV shows.

Any thoughts?
ONeil14 Wrote:I'm trying to learn the language of these addons, and getting there slowly. But I was wondering if anyone could pick up (or help me to do so) where the tvtime addon left off? The developer isn't doing anything with it anymore and I hope to see some more features such as the following:

1.) Ability to detect video from html links for making channels out of LIVE streaming content instead of video xml feeds that few sites use and virtually none update. Maybe something like how Boxee can recognize the video.
2.) Option for playing movie based on year in folder channel creation with an option to name the folder channels (ie make a channel called New Movies playing only movies between 1-1-11 and 12-31-11)
3.) A way to only have shows and movies start at even 15 or 30 minute increments of real time (like if a TV show is 22 minutes and started at 6:00 the bumpers, trailers and commercials would play until 6:30)
4.) Functionality as a tuner front-end (yes, I doubt this is feasible but a man can dream)
5.) More renaming functions in user created channels.
6.) A serial mode that works for TV shows.

Any thoughts?

Use PseudoTV. You can already do 2, 5 and 6. 4 will never happen. 1 is a bit iffy. PseudoTV needs to know how long the video is to include it in the EPG though I could see something like how Windows Media Center handles is and just has an open [Stream] channel without worry about the EPG.
Sranshaft Wrote:Use PseudoTV. You can already do 2, 5 and 6. 4 will never happen. 1 is a bit iffy. PseudoTV needs to know how long the video is to include it in the EPG though I could see something like how Windows Media Center handles is and just has an open [Stream] channel without worry about the EPG.

Right, I mean that was the logic behind the person who made the tvtime off-shoot of psuedotv's lack of streaming sources as well, however the streaming via xml feed was just a flat line with the name of the channel on it anyway. So, aside from the currently watching information on the OSD I don't know what else that restriction would accomplish. Maybe it would make people feel more comfortable if the channels that are live streaming on the EPG were simply another color to let them know they aren't going to get any useful information about what they are watching.

As far as #6 goes, I've never had luck with serial mode in PseudoTV either. It still plays the episodes randomly. Maybe it's something on my end or I need to upgrade my PseudoTV
ONeil14 Wrote:As far as #6 goes, I've never had luck with serial mode in PseudoTV either. It still plays the episodes randomly. Maybe it's something on my end or I need to upgrade my PseudoTV

I would say update to the stable-pre branch. Jason has made a lot of improvements to the channel rules and fixed a lot of things on the back-end - serial mode being one of those.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Channel Addon like PseudoTV/TVTime0