Looking for input on headless AMX integration
I've done some searching around on the forums and have not found much in the way of high-end home automation so I'm trying to put together some resources for such an en-devour.

To date I've developed a heads-up version of control for XBMC (HTTP) within the AMX world and have been using it with multiple clients for well over a year now. Lately I've been messing around with the JSON protocol in an attempt to create a head-less version of the module, and so far I like what I see, however I do have some concerns/requests.

For instance when doing a GetDirectories it would be great to have a parameter that allows to request only directories, only files, or both. Currently whenever I make a query I get any sub-directories and/or files based on the range parameter.

It's possible that I'm simply not finding the parameter needed, however the 'JSONRPC.Introspect' call does not appear to include verbose information that could help to clarify this.

I can also offer insight to what a typical AV client/server solution would include in terms of protocol (queries, commands, etc) based in comparable environments I work with on a daily basis.

I feel that the XBMC environment is nothing short of amazing, however from a high-end AV integration stand point it appears a bit stunted. My connections within this forum are non-existant as I've only recently posted much of anything, however moving forward I would love to make a larger contribution. That said if there are any persons working within the development environment who would like to team up in this effort please let me know.
Sad 
Sad
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...tDirectory for more info.

You'd probably get more response if you post in the development forum.

JR
If you run an MySQL database for XBMC, then I'm sure you could start to write some scripts that'll do the same thing as scraping into the database...

Then when you launch your XBMC clients, they'll pick up the new info etc..
I'm going to start looking into this soon, hoping to put it all on a FreeNAS build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for input on headless AMX integration0