Grouping movies?
Hey!

Just wondered if it were poss or if it will be come a feature where when you're scrolling through your movies that say if you hit fast and furious or Harry potter or star wars or twilight etc etc, rather than having to keep scrolling and looking for the one in that series you want to watch, instead was one with the name of the series and you go into that and then the movies of that series appear together in a separate list?

Does that exist? I'm using aeon nox btw.

Cheers
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

we call it movie sets. yes it exists.
I use media companion to do just this exact thing
Ember does this... Just edit movie and enter a sort title

As an example with the Harry Potter films, I just entered the sort title as

Harry Potter 1,2,3 etc for each film

This will then put each film in order

Works exactly the same way for other sets

Twilight

Fast & Furious

Batman

For Star Wars, I scrapped them as

Star Wars Episode I .......
Star Wars Episode II ....
Etc etc...

HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

Considering the high level of serialization dominating the movie industry, I long for a time when this feature will be fully integrated into XBMC, at the GUI level.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:Considering the high level of serialization dominating the movie industry, I long for a time when this feature will be fully integrated into XBMC, at the GUI level.

I totally agree, I'm looking to sort my collections but am hesitant as I things are changing and support is changing, skins are changing etc all the time and I don't want to invest time doing something that may become redundant.

Lime watched status, a Simple "add to collection" even just based on title.

Hopefully this will come in time, until then I'll hold off...
Toneb I don't believe that is what he is asking for . From what i understand he wants let's say a single star wars folder showing up in the movies viewer and the clicking on that will then bring up all the star wars movies. I do this by setting a movie set profile in media companion. Then when adding to xbmc all films that have been put into a set folder will show up as he wants. This information is stored in the movie folder so deleting xbmc will not destroy any of the movie sets that have been made
I guess as I scrape each film individually to ensure I get the details and artwork I want for each film, I don't really feel the 1 or two seconds required to enter a sort title to be much of an inconvenience.

However, spiff originally suggested an alternative solution

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets
HTPC

mrhyde1969 Wrote:Toneb I don't believe that is what he is asking for . From what i understand he wants let's say a single star wars folder showing up in the movies viewer and the clicking on that will then bring up all the star wars movies. I do this by setting a movie set profile in media companion. Then when adding to xbmc all films that have been put into a set folder will show up as he wants. This information is stored in the movie folder so deleting xbmc will not destroy any of the movie sets that have been made

I get you.... I have seen that in another thread..

I can't remember which one it was but it had a picture of the boxset with several disc's protruding from that picture to indicate it being a set. Then you click on the set picture and it shows each of the movies in that set.

I will try and do a search later and find it

Thanks
HTPC

PatrickBateman Wrote:I totally agree, I'm looking to sort my collections but am hesitant as I things are changing and support is changing, skins are changing etc all the time and I don't want to invest time doing something that may become redundant.

Lime watched status, a Simple "add to collection" even just based on title.

Hopefully this will come in time, until then I'll hold off...

I'm pretty sure anything that's stored in the database isn't going to change any time soon maybe how you create sets might change ie from the GUI as ashlar suggested but how they are stored will probably stay the same so I really don't think you would be wasting your time creating them now

XWMM makes creating sets very easy for stuff that is already in your library and you can always export to nfo's when finished

The great thing about sets is the actual movies in the set don't physically have to be in the same place
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
mrhyde1969 Wrote:Toneb I don't believe that is what he is asking for . From what i understand he wants let's say a single star wars folder showing up in the movies viewer and the clicking on that will then bring up all the star wars movies. I do this by setting a movie set profile in media companion. Then when adding to xbmc all films that have been put into a set folder will show up as he wants. This information is stored in the movie folder so deleting xbmc will not destroy any of the movie sets that have been made

I think I have found it...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=890...tcount=673

Rygrath Wrote:I made a post here regarding Poster and Fanart for sets.
Note: Fanart can only be set in pre-Eden (nightly builds). With Dharma you can only set Posters. Done by selecting the Set, hitting C (context menu) and choosing "Set Movieset Thumb"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=879...count=1552

As far as I'm aware, you cannot set a overall description of the set itself, however the individual movie will have it's info like any other film in the library.

Here's a quick screen shot what they look like
And when you go into the set

Rygrath Wrote:Just for the record, with pre-Eden you can put the Set poster and fanart anywhere since you are manually going to choose it anyways. I usually just stick it into the first movie of a set.

Secondly, as to where to find set art. http://www.themoviedb.org has Set art for movie series. Just pick a movie in a set like Shrek and on the left hand pane under Movie Facts you'll see "Part of the: The Shrek Collection"

Click that link and it'll take you to a page with all the movies in a set and Poster/Fanart that people have setup for that purpose.

Alternatively you can go to http://www.mbmods.com. This site was made for Media Browser users, it's a repository of Icons, Posters, Fanart etc. They have outstanding artwork there that work great in my collection.

This link will take you straight to the Icon sets that contain movie set artwork. Really amazing work to be quite honest.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permali...-demonseed
HTPC

well found Big Grin thats exactley how I have my movie sets organisedNod
Star 
toineb Wrote:I can't remember which one it was but it had a picture of the boxset with several disc's protruding from that picture to indicate it being a set. Then you click on the set picture and it shows each of the movies in that set.
Transparency! supports this..
>>X<<' Wrote:I'm pretty sure anything that's stored in the database isn't going to change any time soon maybe how you create sets might change ie from the GUI as ashlar suggested but how they are stored will probably stay the same so I really don't think you would be wasting your time creating them now

XWMM makes creating sets very easy for stuff that is already in your library and you can always export to nfo's when finished

The great thing about sets is the actual movies in the set don't physically have to be in the same place

Hi,

I don't think I explained my self very well Blush what I actually meant (but didn't say very clearly) was... If this ever becomes automated in with xbmcs existing plugins/scrapers, or perhaps a script is ever written that scrapes a users db and then matches movies based on TMDB or IMDB info or some other website, I'd have wasted my time doing it as although it's a nice option, its not exactly necessary for me ATM. So I'll wait and see where it goes as it seems others are looking into automating this Smile
So it's not automatic is what I was asking!

It'd be better to have one on the list which by entering then the films of that series pop up above??
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grouping movies?0