Using xbmc on atv2 for mythtv
As the title indicates, I am curious how xbmc on atv2 will work as a frontend for mythtv. My mythtv backend has video recorded from OTA and the HDHR tuner as well as an old analog tuner.

The HDHR tuner is capturing video in native mpg format, and the analog tuner is capturing nuv video.
Also, I want to use it for viewing live tv from the above sources.
The HDHR for live tv is providing 1080i, 720p, and the various 480 formats.

Given the above information, how well will the atv2 with xbmc installed perform when displaying via hdmi on a 720p tv?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about no mythtv (sounds like witchcraft if you ask me Wink ) but I generated a bunch of .strm files from my HDHR Prime using hdhr-mkchan which I found in the wiki.

While you won't be able to watch your myth recordings this way, you can watch live TV. In truth, this is all I needed it for so never did any work beyond this. The only problem I have noticed is that streaming HD channels (1080i) over wifi sucks. I recommend ethernet if possible.
Unless you are transcoding to h264 the ATV2 will struggle to play anything greater than SD using mpeg video. Everything except h264 is decoded using software and the atv2 is pretty gutess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using xbmc on atv2 for mythtv0