strings.xml

@+

Edit BN: Updated - thx
OS: LibreElec-7.95.beta6 kszaq - KODI Krypton-17.0 - TvHeadend 4.1.2415
SKIN: AeonMQ7 by MarcosQUI
AndroidBox: Bqeel M9C max
DVB-T2: August USB Freeview TV Receiver
NAS: D-Link DNS-325

Hi, I've translate strings.xml in Italian (placed into Italian folder and it works) Smile

http://pastebin.com/SuXCF1Yw

Edit BN: Added - thx
Hi,
attached French translation for addon.xml

addon.xml

@+

EDIT BN: Added - thx

thank you,
but you forgot "summary" Laugh

Code:
<summary lang="fr">Aeon Nox par Big_Noid</summary>

@+

EDIT BN: Doh! - added thx

Hello BN, Hungarian translation for addon.xml

thanx.. Cool

addon

EDIT BN: Updated - thx
Hello BN, Hungarian translation updated

thanx.. Cool

B_N, You can change this?

<description lang="es">Aeon Nox es sinónimo de ojos dulces y personalización.
per
<description lang="es">Aeon Nox es sinónimo de espectáculo visual y personalización.

my fault, thanks.

I have recently submitted updated Russian translation for the main GUI strings and default Confluence skin and am thinking about translating the current Aeon-Nox SVN build into Russian. But unfortunately in its current state Aeon-Nox SVN is not Russian-friendly.
- First, not all fonts include Russian characters, so with default fonts Aeon-Nox looks like a prop from a bad Hollywood movie about evil Russians.Smile Switching to "Arial-based" fonts helps but these fonts do not look good on Aeon-Nox.
- Second, there is "the multiple plurals" problem that I have described here. So it would be good that all strings with numerals had "word:+numeral" structure like "Episodes: 4", "Movies: 10". And these words should be different from general descriptive words. E.g. in the string "TV shows: 20" the string "TV shows" should be different from the generic string "TV shows" used on the Home screen because they should have different grammar forms in Russian.
I hope something could be done about this so that the current SVN could be translated into Russian.
This is difficult. Firstly I would need to find a freely distributable font that has the same look and has unicode support. This is not easy, but probably doable.
Second would mean a recode at a lot of places and doesn't look as nice imo.
16 movies reads better then movies: 16. Isn't there another option that fits without recoding? I mean couldn't you translate to something like movie(s)? Of course this is just guessing as I don't know any slavic language.
This would also mean re-translating all other languages
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Big_Noid Wrote:Isn't there another option that fits without recoding? I mean couldn't you translate to something like movie(s)? Of course this is just guessing as I don't know any slavic language.

I'm afraid not. Yes, the form like "movie(s)" can be used, though it looks bad and some official localization guidelines (e.g. Microsoft's) even forbid to use it in Russian translations. But I think even minor grammar errors like ("4 фильмов" instead of correct "4 фильма") can be tolerated.

But still "generic plural" and "numeric plural" should be different strings. For example, the current top info panel uses the same strings "Movies" and "TV shows" ("X Movies", "Y TV shows") as button labels on the Home Screen ("Movies", "TV Shows") which is totally unacceptable for Russian because button labels and info strings should be different words and these words are not interchangeable in Russian. For example:
Фильмы (Movies) - for generic strings like Home Screen button labels.
10 фильмов (10 movies) - for information strings if we decide that minor grammar errors with different numeral forms can be tolerated.

Though, as I said the strings like "Фильмов: 10" (Movies: 10) would be better. In fact, this is a general workaround that is used when localizing software that is not optimized for Russian language on program code level.
Chinese translate here

EDIT BN: Added - thx!
Hey Big_Noid,

Here is the Icelandic translation: Cool

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjo3ks

ALSO:
I've noticed an language string issue in the latest skin version (using pre-Eden). In the dropdown for the 'Shutdown' menu item, there is an option called "Timer". I can't for the life of me locate this string to translate it, as it isn't listed in the actual skin language strings (for Aeon Nox) nor in the XBMC (main) language strings - it's just missing.
...is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

thanks,
MB

EDIT BN: Added - thx
PS 'Timer' is hardcoded in the skin.
Hi,

I want translate it to portuguese? How can I do it?
Locate the "Languages" directory in the skin, go to "Portuguese" subdirectory and inside there's a strings.xml file, u must open and edit with something like Notepad, or Notepad++

If the directory does not exists, just create it next to all the other languages. For special characters to be shown properly, as far as i know, u must save it in UTF-8, and don´t forget to be sure to save it as .xml (remove the *.txt option, default in Notepad)
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Translations7