Confluence dUMMY
The dummy would be me - hopefully I'm doing something wrong in a very simple and easy to fix way. I really hope you guys can make me feel daft and point me in the right direction.

I have used the following;

Seasonpass to jailbreak

Putty to put the xbmc nightly build on

ReadyNAS Duo to point the ATV2 to for the files.

Confluence horizontal skin.

When looking at youtube before I got the ATV2 the videos show really nice looking menus with artwork and banners/posters showing the Movies/TV Shows. I have Movies and TV Shows folders on the ReadyNAS, I have pointed the ATV2 to these locations and called them the same when asked.

Now my confusion is that on the home page I still have no tabs for the Movies or TV Shows - you need to go through the file search which is ugly. I checked in the settings section and the options for 'hide Movies' and 'hide TV Shows' are greyed out....

What dumbass thing am I doing wrong here?!

Do I need to manually put the thumbnails into the original folders?

I can play all files no problem - I just want to learn how to pretty the whole thing up!
It seems that you do not have scanned the files to the library...
First thing is "set content" and then scrape with an appropriate scraper to the xbmc-database...
If this is done you should be able to activate movies and tvshows button in skin-settings...
Then turn on library mode and you're done...

you might take a look here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...be_Scanned

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Hey - I finally got round to giving this another go as I had enough of it last time.

I added even more tv shows to my tv shows folder on the ReadyNAS Duo.

I then went into the Video, File part of the ATV2 Confluence skin and added the route to the folders.

I set them as TV Shows on the next screen and chose TVDB as the scraper.

I go to view the files and they come up along the bottom of the screen looking like posters except they are blank, no file info and some are even shown outside their original file folder.

So what stoopid thing am I still doing wrong here? Should I just start all over and put a new XBMC build on the ATV2? Should I just add my own thumbnails etc into the original NAS folders? I am really stuck here.
If you have set the content and scraper, you have to retrieve the info by "scan for new content" or by "tv-show info"--->refresh

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence dUMMY0