Keymap a multiple button code to restart PC?
Is there a way using keyboard.xml to create a multiple button "code" to do something such as restart XBMC, open a folder, etc.?

So, if I press "1,2,3,4" on my remote (or whatever code I select), it'll reboot my PC...

If not within XBMC itself, is this something a skinner could implement?

Thanks
There's no simple way to do this.

XBMC doesn't remember the keyboard state, so each keypress is treated independantly without looking at any previous keypresses. It might be possible to come up with some cunning scheme involving Python scripts ...

JR
EVENTGHOST using keyboard plugin....

Map as many as you want to a single function

or one key for multiple function...

enjoy
the way I have mine (using the ps3 remote) I have a "if button is held for x seconds go to macro" and it activates a macro. I have one for restart (yellow) and shut down (blue).

Buttons have a primary action along with the hold down action. Eventghost is one great app!
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Hmm, interesting. I messed around with Eventghost in the past, but ended up not really needing it with my setup. However maybe if it can achieve what I'm looking for, I'll try it again.

Plus it'll give me something new to tweak around with on my XBMC. Big Grin
Always fun to have something to mess with :-) the app is great, you can do a ton of things with it.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
I agree Eventghost is a huge part of my setup.

Eventghost should be a must install for windows XBMC since its used so much. It's interesting at first to figure out but its easy once you got it. The ability of this app is almost endless I find myself thinking what else I can automate or build, lol I am a geeky greek what can I say.
We all need to "get our geek on" every once in a while. Big Grin

As for Eventghost ... man now I know why I gave up on it a while ago. That program is VERY interesting to figure out. lol
If I could lend you a hand I will.

EventGhost is massive hope this helps you.

EventGhost QuickGuide

Plugins - Plugins are either what you want to control or what you are using for controlling.

Example If I want to use a keyboard to control XBMC I would add the keyboard plugin and the XBMC plugin.

Macros - Macros are the folder where all the event and actions you want to create are placed. You can set multiple events and actions within the folder.

Events - Events are basically a created human input function but it can be other inputs as well

Example of event would be a keyboard input of "1"

Actions - This is what you want Eventghost to do for you.

Example would be the action will wait for the event to happen then carry out the function in this case "play" XBMC.

I know its a rough tutorial but its the essence of setting up something in eventghost
Thanks man.
I had a chance to really play around with it last night while the family was out. I'm really starting to get the hang of it. All my XBMC commands are configured and I even created a batch file to reboot the PC (and added that as a command that occurs after holding a button for 8 seconds). Smile I'm now starting to understand the power of Eventghost and why it is so popular.

On a side note, is there a way for it to interface with a program that doesn't have command line features? For example, I have Mezzmo on the same PC as a media server and I wanted to be able to update the library on that with the press of a button. I can only currently do that through navigating the Mezzmo GUI.
win automation can record keystrokes and replay them in a self executable which eventghost can run as an exe when a button is pressed.
Tried WinAutomation! Took some time, but figured it out!! THANKS!
Another way would be to (if there is one) find out the keyboard command for that function, set up a macro to emulate keyboard strokes with your button press, plus use the find window bit so it will only use that command with that app.
LakersFan Wrote:On a side note, is there a way for it to interface with a program that doesn't have command line features? For example, I have Mezzmo on the same PC as a media server and I wanted to be able to update the library on that with the press of a button. I can only currently do that through navigating the Mezzmo GUI.

Death-Axe -YOU REALLY LISTEN TO THE NEEDS OF PEOPLE.. EVEN ON THIS THREAD YOU ARE MAKING IT SEEM MY SUGGESTION IS FAR OFF. I HIGHLIGHTED IN BOLD TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR YA! HAVE A GOOD ONE SLOW DOWN AND READ.
As I said "Another way would be to (if there is one)" I didn't suggest that your suggestion was far off at all.

Besides that, he said command line features, which isn't keyboard commands (such as alt+e etc).

So yeah, calm down and actually read the full post before you start getting angry, lol.

Edit: and to bring up other threads to extend even your other argument is really silly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap a multiple button code to restart PC?0