Buy & Sell Section for N00bs
Hack_kid Wrote:This is a slippery slope people shouldn't be able to sell the hardware with xbmx instance because people will start claiming xbmc as their work charge for it etc

I guess you don't know what open source software is. Anyone can not only sell hardware with XBMC, they can even sell XBMC itself, even if they didn't make any code changes. Team-XBMC also knows about this and encourages such usage!
Hack_kid Wrote:This is a slippery slope people shouldn't be able to sell the hardware with xbmx instance because people will start claiming xbmc as their work charge for it etc

In most instances, i think the work around is that in a pre-configed box, the hardware is what is bought and sold. I don't think that anyone can claim XBMC as there own proprietary work product because it is under the GNU General Public License. If you look, Mac & Windows are chalked full of free software down to the core. But they aren't selling you that. They are selling their portion of the software. Based on your stats, you should know that.

I say sell pre-installed boxes. more users=more interest=more developers/development.
xbmc old school Wrote:In most instances, i think the work around is that in a pre-configed box, the hardware is what is bought and sold. I don't think that anyone can claim XBMC as there own proprietary work product because it is under the GNU General Public License. If you look, Mac & Windows are chalked full of free software down to the core. But they aren't selling you that. They are selling their portion of the software. Based on your stats, you should know that.

I say sell pre-installed boxes. more users=more interest=more developers/development.

I'm inclined to agree, I'd love to just have an easy option for the kids etc... Buy a small xbmc pre configured box and plug it in. Give access to a share and bam, set it to auto update and forget about it... There is a lot of sense in that IMO.

What happened to setting up a forum, did anyone ever get round to it?
It looks like next year could be a good year. The new intel D2700 chip has come out and is capable of fanless 1080p playback. Lenovo has already launched a nettop with it. I'm hoping that Zotac will have a barebone Nano (w/ remote) version next year. Then i will grab one and hock the old ATV1.

I know dsimages is into doing an XBMC buy and sell page with more support. Are the moderators into providing some support by allowing links to the new proposed trading site from the main xbmc forum page?
kodi 16.1 Transparency! v9.1.2
Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04
Hardware: Corei7 /w R9 290 OC & 256gb SSD (OS) + 5TB SMB shares
Im pretty sure moderator would let us post links in our signatures or something. They would not want us to create threads saying "check out my new post over at the trading post" type threads.
Im currently doing some PR for a band and they are getting some attention from the public which is keeping me a little busy or the next few weeks. If I find some time I will start setting up a very simple forum.

For now, just give me some input on the different section and subsections.
wouldn't it be easier and safer to just list it on ebay and put a link in your sig to the auction?
That could be a way. But again, I don't think that you are allowed to advertise selling in the xbmc forum.
kodi 16.1 Transparency! v9.1.2
Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04
Hardware: Corei7 /w R9 290 OC & 256gb SSD (OS) + 5TB SMB shares

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buy & Sell Section for N00bs0