First HTPC Build
I've been lurking around here for a little while doing some research on what would fit my needs. This is what I have come up with.

Case nMEDIAPC 6000B
Mobo ASRock H61M/U3S3
CPU Intel G620
RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3 1333
GPU GIGABYTE GV-R545D3-1GI Radeon HD 5450 1GB
SSD Patriot Torqx 2 PT232GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB SATA II SSD
PSU Antec EarthWatts 380w
ODD LG UH12LS28

Since HD's are so damn expensive I'll be using one of the two 1TB HD's that resides in my desktop for media storage. It is already solely used for media anyways and it is a WD green HD.

Been running XBMC on my ASUS G73 laptop just to get the hang of it and to help get it setup quicker on my HTPC. Love it!
1TB goes really fast. Check out any number of black friday deals for a larger drive. just a guess though that you're in the USA.
Oh yes I've been looking. You are correct I'm in the US.
looks good, even the CELERON G530 would be good here!
you wont see a performance difference...
talonegress Wrote:GPU ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 GeForce 210 1GB

if you're planning to use windows, i'm suggesting a lower power consumption gpu below. it's the same price range as gt210, and it has slight edge in performance too.

HIS H545HO512 Radeon HD 5450 512MB 32-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

GeForce GT 210 vs Radeon HD 5450

talonegress Wrote:PSU Antec EarthWatts 430W
this psu (Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power) is cheaper, and it is more than enough wattages to power everything. all my htpc's equipped with 250w psu, and it still have plenty of wattages to power all my usb components!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
eskro Wrote:looks good, even the CELERON G530 would be good here!
you wont see a performance difference...
Forgot to mention that I already purchased the G620 from newegg since they had it for $10 off with a promo code which took it down to $63 with free shipping. The G530 is going for $57. Figured for $6 more why not go for the G620.
bluray Wrote:if you're planning to use windows, i'm suggesting a lower power consumption gpu below. it's the same price range as gt210, and it has slight edge in performance too.

HIS H545HO512 Radeon HD 5450 512MB 32-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

GeForce GT 210 vs Radeon HD 5450

this psu (Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power) is cheaper, and it is more than enough wattages to power everything. all my htpc's equipped with 250w psu, and it still have plenty of wattages to power all my usb components!

I'm more partial to nvidia than ati/amd, but it looks like you get more from the 5450 while it uses less power....tempting.

I wasn't sure how much power this would use and I did originally have the 380w in there before I went to the 430w. I'll be going back to the 380w then. I'm too used to building power hungry gaming machines.
talonegress Wrote:I'm more partial to nvidia than ati/amd, but it looks like you get more from the 5450 while it uses less power....tempting.
you're getting better hd5450 for $30. using widnows+xbmc, amd do not have problem with macroblocking during ff/rw either.

talonegress Wrote:I wasn't sure how much power this would use and I did originally have the 380w in there before I went to the 430w. I'll be going back to the 380w then. I'm too used to building power hungry gaming machines.
hd5450 at 19w tdp and g620 at 67w tdp equal to 86w tdp. you'll use only 22% of 380w.

Power Consumption
I did go with the hd5450. My desktop PSU is starting to crap out on me so now I have to shop for one of them too. Off to see what Black Friday deals are out for them.
i would have suggested a Radeon HD6xx series...
I'm happy with what I'm going to be putting together. It's not like I'm going to be doing extreme gaming on this thing.
the XFX HD6450 wold have been $35 after MIR
eskro Wrote:the XFX HD6450 wold have been $35 after MIR

I got some good deals on some other parts. I saw that 6450 after I had ordered my parts. Too late to change my order.
talonegress Wrote:I got some good deals on some other parts. I saw that 6450 after I had ordered my parts. Too late to change my order.
You'll be happy with your order. Let us know how it turn out!
yes, we wanna see Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First HTPC Build0