boxee live tv adapter
Hi;
can we use this device in xbmcHuh?
at 49 bucks it's not that much think it's usb.
themoddingden Wrote:Hi;
can we use this device in xbmcHuh?
at 49 bucks it's not that much think it's usb.

XBMC itself doesn't have PVR capabilities.

You need to check wether this thing is compatible with any of the possible backends. Currently I think they are Mediaportal, ForTheRecord, TVHeadend, VDR and MythTV. If you manage to load the device in one of those tuners you can then install a XBMC-PVR build and connect to the tuner.

That's currently the only way to watch live TV in XBMC. So, you'd have to go check on one of those backends. Do some Googlin'
ok; but as a general rule boxee is a tweaked xbmc right?
it is based on xbmc and if this thing works with boxee (they are selling it) it should work with xbmc
No. Not at all.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
themoddingden Wrote:ok; but as a general rule boxee is a tweaked xbmc right?
it is based on xbmc and if this thing works with boxee (they are selling it) it should work with xbmc

General software architecture is mostly the same, yes. That doesn't give XBMC PVR capabilities. You'd have to install a build from the PVR branch. And as you're going to need external software to do the tuning for you, you better look there for compatible devices as there's no need to have them compatible with XBMC, which they won't be.
hi;
are we all not running pvr branch in hopes of replacing our pvr at some point lol.
ok well i can hope.
Perhaps this would fit better in PVR Development forum.
kodi from https://github.com/eternalsword/xbmc/tree/delta, transparency 7.1.5, funtoo kernel 3.18.0
I think it's just a rebranded USB tuner that likely already has support in some PVR backends. I just can't recall the details.
(2012-06-25, 07:48)Ned Scott Wrote: I think it's just a rebranded USB tuner that likely already has support in some PVR backends. I just can't recall the details.

Hi;
Thanks ; and sorry for late reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
boxee live tv adapter0