[mac] Run applescript or .app from within xbmc
Hi guys,

I have made a refresh-rate-switching script that can run either as a applescript or a mac app. How do I run it inside xbmc?

I don't have a Harmony remote, only apple remote.

Thanks.
Launcher or Advanced Launcher should work. You might even be able to make it a favorite so you can pull it up from almost any screen.
riise_hansen Wrote:I have made a refresh-rate-switching script that can run either as a applescript or a mac app.

I made it work with applescript with harmony. Do you think it works better as mac app (faster etc.)?

I noticed that change of refresh rate is quite fast straight from OS X, but through script in XBMC it takes 2-3 times longer.
perkins Wrote:I made it work with applescript with harmony. Do you think it works better as mac app (faster etc.)?

I noticed that change of refresh rate is quite fast straight from OS X, but through script in XBMC it takes 2-3 times longer.

Well, I don't know since I don't how your script works. Mine is really fast, and it's just one command in CLI. If your script is applescript "tell system preferences bla bla.." -- then I'll bet you, mine is faster. I use "scrutil".
riise_hansen Wrote:If your script is applescript "tell system preferences bla bla.." -- then I'll bet you, mine is faster. I use "scrutil".

Yeah Im using the "tell system..." and that might be the reason why it´s slowlier. But since Im no coder and new with OS X, I think I am going to stick with it. It does the job and Im gonna cross my fingers so that we would have ARR (auto refresh rate) someday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[mac] Run applescript or .app from within xbmc0