Having trouble grabbing NOX from the SVN
Question 
Hi all,

Just downloaded the most recent NIGHTLY xbmc from http://www.xbmc.org downloads page (Win). Wanted to get the most up recent SVN version of Nox, so... downloaded it, but after about an hour or so the connection closes (presumably this is a problem).

To make sure I'd downloaded everything 100% I started the download again, but each time, SVNTortoise 'seems' to be erroring (connection broken) before the entire transfer is complete, so I have 2 folders:

aeon--nox and aeon--nox 2, and each of them show different number of files of course, overall size. I don't think either of them finished 100% (as the background error demonstrates) -screenshot attached.

Anyone know why it's closing it's connection/what I can do about it? I don't want to have a half-complete skin.

cheers.

PantsOnFire Wrote:Hi all,

Just downloaded the most recent NIGHTLY xbmc from http://www.xbmc.org downloads page (Win). Wanted to get the most up recent SVN version of Nox, so... downloaded it, but after about an hour or so the connection closes (presumably this is a problem).

To make sure I'd downloaded everything 100% I started the download again, but each time, SVNTortoise 'seems' to be erroring (connection broken) before the entire transfer is complete, so I have 2 folders:

aeon--nox and aeon--nox 2, and each of them show different number of files of course, overall size. I don't think either of them finished 100% (as the background error demonstrates) -screenshot attached.

Anyone know why it's closing it's connection/what I can do about it? I don't want to have a half-complete skin.

cheers.

the Aeon Nox skin from googlecode is Dharma10.1 ONLY.
If you are running nightlies you must install the one that can be found on github. Check the OP in the thread. From there you can download a zip file or you can use passion-xbmc repo and install from there
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the tip, sorted. Got the new build from the repo, it's sweet! Love the subtle slide animation on the homescreen!

Want to set up thumbnail view (extrathumbs) for my movies-- is there any automated way in xbmc to do it these days? Or should we collect them manually ourselves? (i used to search a movies screenshots place).
PantsOnFire Wrote:Thanks for the tip, sorted. Got the new build from the repo, it's sweet! Love the subtle slide animation on the homescreen!

Want to set up thumbnail view (extrathumbs) for my movies-- is there any automated way in xbmc to do it these days? Or should we collect them manually ourselves? (i used to search a movies screenshots place).

There is this Artwork Downloader.
Can also be downloaded through passion-xbmc repo. Will be added soon to the xbmc.org repo.
Or you can download it from the download section in OP
This doesn't grab extrathumbs for movies as far as I can tell. cheers.
PantsOnFire Wrote:This doesn't grab extrathumbs for movies as far as I can tell. cheers.

Well then you are wrong Wink
Cause i programmed it myself Big Grin

One requirement is that all your movies have their own subfolders (this is also required by the skin).

Quote:Movies:
  • Poster (poster.jpg)
  • Fanart (fanart.jpg)
  • Extrafanart (<image ID from provider>.jpg)
  • Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)
  • Defaul Thumb (folder.jpg)
Thumbs Up 
I stand corrected. For some reason I was trying to make this work by hitting I for info on the movie, then finding a way to get extrathumbs from there, but there's no such method!

It didn't occur to actually run the add-on!! :p

Well I'm really chuffed with the results, thanks !
PantsOnFire Wrote:I stand corrected. For some reason I was trying to make this work by hitting I for info on the movie, then finding a way to get extrathumbs from there, but there's no such method!

It didn't occur to actually run the add-on!! :p

Well I'm really chuffed with the results, thanks !

Not yet such an option but there will be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having trouble grabbing NOX from the SVN0