Live Tv: PVR Client with Search for channel
Hi i have a question for you. Between various linux backend that allow to see live tv on xbmc eden, which one has integrated the "Search for Channel" feature?

I tried TV Headend that works well but when from the settings screen I trye search for channel, xbmc answers me the following thing "None of the connected PVR backends support scann...

As you know MythTV backend supports "search for channel"? What I would to obtain is a system where the user can manage its channels directly by using xbmc GUI. Please help me is quite important.

Have a nice day
G.
Vnsi might work although it is no longer supported in the "official" xbmc PVR branch
tsp42 Wrote:Vnsi might work although it is no longer supported in the "official" xbmc PVR branch

Who says that? We do support vnsi. There's so much other work at the moment that it does not get too much attention but this will change.
Sorry I was referring to pipelkas branch:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=877324&postcount=7
But good to that it still will be Supported
FernetMenta Wrote:Who says that? We do support vnsi. There's so much other work at the moment that it does not get too much attention but this will change.

So will there actually be any work done on VNSI again? In terms of XBMC and the VDR plugin?

I'm currently using XVDR and it's working fairly well so far.
>Vnsi might work

I installed vdr-plugin-vnsiserver and enabled the plugin on xbmc but the search for channel doesn't work and besides if I well understood this plugins works over net and not for TV channel recovered from air. I need a "search for channel" for dvb-t channels as in a normal decoder. It exists a backend that work with "search for channel"? is it planned to give it in the future?

G.
ant_thomas Wrote:So will there actually be any work done on VNSI again? In terms of XBMC and the VDR plugin?

I'm currently using XVDR and it's working fairly well so far.

Yes, VNSI is XBMC PVR's official support for vdr and I am still using it myself. There's currently so much other work and my own PVR branch is lagging behind. If anybody wants to contribute to VNSI, you are very welcome.
giorginoxbmc Wrote:>Vnsi might work

I installed vdr-plugin-vnsiserver and enabled the plugin on xbmc but the search for channel doesn't work and besides if I well understood this plugins works over net and not for TV channel recovered from air. I need a "search for channel" for dvb-t channels as in a normal decoder. It exists a backend that work with "search for channel"? is it planned to give it in the future?

G.

AFAIK vnsi does not support channel scan. I use w_scan and put only those channels I am interested in into vdr's channel.conf. (dvb-s provides some hundred which makes an editor much more effective than a GUI.)
FernetMenta Wrote:AFAIK vnsi does not support channel scan. I use w_scan and put only those channels I am interested in into vdr's channel.conf. (dvb-s provides some hundred which makes an editor much more effective than a GUI.)
The code is there to support it (but it is of course not the same as it works):
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/blob/m...t.cpp#L306

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live Tv: PVR Client with Search for channel0