which scraper do you use? and why?
hi all,

I wanted to know which movie scraper or manager do you use. and why? as their are so many of them.

do you use internal one?
ember media manager?
media companion?
media centre master?
Meta browser?
yammm?

or any other.

my movie collection names are as follows:

avatar [extended edition 2009 DTS-MA 1080p CHD]

I want something that can ignore items in brackets really but would like general feedback and opinons.

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
EMM-R for tv and movies.

Works well and only reason I keep a windows VM around.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
for tv i use sickbeard as it downloads episodes/renames/sorts & moves/downloads thumbs all for you and is actually exactly what i would do manually but sickbeard does it automatically. It is really the complete app for tv.

for movies i know there is couchpotato but I like the itunes posters for movies so I use EMM-R to scrape movies and download the posters from here. Also couchpotato has a habit of not renaming and scraping movies correctly for me.

EMM-R is great for renaming and give you complete control over the way it names files and folders and the NFO it scrapes.
There's always just using XBMC.
natethomas Wrote:There's always just using XBMC.

+1 has not failed me yet..
I think I will use XMBC first, i have the Aeon Nox skin installed and if im not happy then EMM-R which has been recommended.

I wanted to put a voting poll on the thread but could not see the option.

Does the XMBC scrapper ignore anything that is in brackets? as all my movies are structured as below

Avatar [2009 Extended Edition DTS-MA 1080p a5ian300zx].MKV

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
No need to complicate. For my needs, XBMC and standard scrapers work perfectly 99% of the time. The other 1% usually is a very old or unknown movie.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hudo Wrote:No need to complicate. For my needs, XBMC and standard scrapers work perfectly 99% of the time. The other 1% usually is a very old or unknown movie.

If xbmc can "scan downloads folder > rename > scrape > move to movies" folder then it would be no question!
I often use the default tmdb scraper in xbmc for my movies.

I do have a couple of issues though...

I've got all my films named 'Movie Name (year).mkv', but have a fair few that don't scrape correctly - It seems this is down to the year, I'm matching IMDB's release year, which doesn't always match TMDB.
Is this the sort of thing I should be flagging up and submitting changes for on TMDB? Obviously it can be a little tricky with films, different releases for official/preview/country/etc.

In my naming convention I substitute common special characters that aren't supported by my filesystem like ':' with '-'
I don't think the TMDB scraper (or website's search engine?) likes this '-' character.

It's pretty damn good, but it's not 99% successful like was quoted earlier - This is coming from someone that renames all his movies a certain way (a wrong way?).
SABnzdb & XBMC - nothing else needed.
Hitcher Wrote:SABnzdb & XBMC - nothing else needed.

I would add Sickbeard to that mix, and then agree with you Smile
I prefer EMM-R for all of my movies. I let XBMC do all the scraping for TV Shows, and help it along with the new Artworker Downloader addon and previously the logo-downloader addon.
Hi,

I have tried the XMBC scrapper and found that it missed quite a few of my foreign titles (HK/JAP/Thai) so which was not as good for me, by the way where does it store the downloaded data for these movies?

I have tried EMM-R and came accross the same issue where it missed some movies and started to rename my foreign titles in their orignal HK/Jap/Thai names which i found annoying as i did not know which movie was what,
it would be great if it had more fetchers to choose from and i really like the clean database field and it will clean the whole data base expect for movie file and any subtitle files which Media Centre Master did not do.

Now i will be testing out Meta Browser as it looks the most promising from them all with development and options available.

a5ian300zx
MediaCompanion - mostly because I had problems with the default scrapers (I don't recall what now), tried a couple external that didn't work, and then found MediaCompanion that did - mostly anyway. Not married to it though if something better came along.
Hi,

just a general question, once i have used these external scrappers to process data in each separate folder i.e. .nfo .jpg etc

how do i view this in XBMC using the Aeon Nox theme? i have had a look everywhere and i can just see the ones i added before using the built in XBMC scapper

I want to see the covers and when selected be presented with the rest of the data?

PS: I have tried exporting option into separate folders but nothing happened or could not see anything different?

Thanks
A5ian300zx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which scraper do you use? and why?0