which scraper do you use? and why?
Any changes that you make to the nfo's and such that is stored with the movies, will only be used if you do one of 2 things. Refresh only the movies that you have altered one at a time, or remove source and add source again and then rescan them all again using the local info.
Tight_wad Wrote:Any changes that you make to the nfo's and such that is stored with the movies, will only be used if you do one of 2 things. Refresh only the movies that you have altered one at a time, or remove source and add source again and then rescan them all again using the local info.

Thanks for the reply, I have nfo in multiple movie folders so the 2 one will apply to me. Do you mean remove all my movies source locations and then re add the locations back again for it yo rescan?

or do i have to manually delete something with the xmbc folder for it to rescan/rebuild?

Thanks

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
a5ian300zx Wrote:Thanks for the reply, I have nfo in multiple movie folders so the 2 one will apply to me. Do you mean remove all my movies source locations and then re add the locations back again for it yo rescan?
Yes, this would be correct for doing all movies. If you just want to do a couple, I would just do a refresh each needing done.

a5ian300zx Wrote:or do i have to manually delete something with the XBMC folder for it to rescan/rebuild?

Thanks

a5ian300zx

No you don't have too. But if you want only the new fanart used for say the screen saver fanart display, then you would delete the video folder that is found at userdata>Thumbs. I had done this because 1) I had a lot of junk fanart, and 2) My family uses the screen saver fanart like a trivia game, trying to guess the movie its from. Only do this if you are doing all movie re-scan.

One thing to keep in mind. Refreshing a single movie, or re-scanning a complete library, you will loose the "watched", "new" and "bookmark" of the movie/movies. "New" will be the last alphabetically with a re-scan, or any just refreshed will become the newest.
Hi tight_wad,

thanks for the info.

I did this but xmbc keeps scanning my media and using own scapper info, i know this because a few of my movies i have changed the posters and coverart which is does show in XMBC not until I do a refresh on each movie file - what options do i select with XMBC for it to use my external scapper meta browser?

or am i missing something?

PS: I have over 350 media that i would like to import and which has the coverart in each individual folder inc .nfo

not fussed about loosing any info as i have not fully set it up yet.

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Check your "set content" and make sure that the "exclude path from scan" is not marked. Then it should only use it if your movies contain them for the scrap. If it isn't marked, then we need to look at the naming that was used by your outside program to see if it named them and placed them in the proper way for XBMC to use.
Tight_wad Wrote:Check your "set content" and make sure that the "exclude path from scan" is not marked. Then it should only use it if your movies contain them for the scrap. If it isn't marked, then we need to look at the naming that was used by your outside program to see if it named them and placed them in the proper way for XBMC to use.

Hi Tight_wad,

Thanks for this, I have checked this and its is already set on the above settings.

my naming convention is like the below, with each individual file in it own folder with same name.

Avatar (2009) [Extended DTS-MA 1080p].mkv

a5ian300zx
Using your movie name, this is how XBMC would name files if this movie was already in the library and you did the export to separates, which puts the files in the movie folder.

Movies (This is my added source)
-------Avatar (2009) [Extended DTS-MA 1080p]
-----------------Avatar (2009) [Extended DTS-MA 1080p].mkv
-----------------Avatar (2009) [Extended DTS-MA 1080p].nfo
-----------------Avatar (2009) [Extended DTS-MA 1080p].tbn
-----------------Avatar (2009) [Extended DTS-MA 1080p]-fanart.jpg

What does your movie folder structure look like compared to this. Depending on how you have the outside program set up, it might be naming them differently. This is the naming convention that I always use, and it always works. I know there are some other ways, but I use what XBMC itself would have made.

If you go to library and to this movie after it has scraped it ( whether right or wrong) and do a refresh, does it tell you that local info was found and ask if you want to ignore it? If it sees your nfo's then it should ask this. If it doesn't then probably a naming issue if all set content settings are right.
I use xbmc imbd+rotten tomatoes scraper for movies. Sickbeard for tv. Then it all gets run through artwork downloader Big Grin
Thanks,

sorry for the late reply, I have been away.

All is working fine now but have few more questions.

1) is there no option just to refresh the whole library in one click? it would make things easier when you update backdrops and add info onto movies.

2) I normally i have two folders one just "HD Seen" and one "HD to Watch" how do i separate the two i.e if i want to display coverart for "HD to Watch" only as currently if just one long coverart list. I know you can do watched and unwatched option, but is there any other ways using folders or something?

a5ian300zx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which scraper do you use? and why?0