Which distro for XBMC + Emus and Firefox?
Hi,

I just got a Zotac ZBOX and love how fast XBMC-Live and Openelec boot and perform.

But I have one problem with those.. I want to use my machine mainly for XBMC so it's great that it automaticle starts to fullscreen and the overhead of additional software is as low as possible.

I want to be able to run apps from Advanced launcher in XBMC.. For me it doesn't matter which window-manager runs in background.. Something as minimalistic as Openbox would be just great.

How can I do this?

Should I set up just a new Ubuntu-Setup and install XBMC on top of it, or is it possible to add these applications to XBMC-Live?
Why do you need a window manager? X is already running.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
so you mean firefox would be started in fullscreen then and I can just install it via apt on XBMC-Live?
I just installed advanced launchers and put chrome and firefox in there, both worked great.
Code:
Maybe you could explain how to configure advanced launcher? Installing the browser is simple...

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Personnally for my HTPC I'm using the Archlinux distro with Openbox.as windows manager. I also prefer to use Chromium instead of Firefox, because the first one have a real fullscreen support (using the kiosk mode). Here is how configure Advanced Launcher to use with Chromium : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...wser#Linux
Angelscry Wrote:Personnally for my HTPC I'm using the Archlinux distro with Openbox.as windows manager. I also prefer to use Chromium instead of Firefox, because the first one have a real fullscreen support (using the kiosk mode). Here is how configure Advanced Launcher to use with Chromium : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...wser#Linux

Great! Thank you
Install advanced launcher.
Point advanced launcher to installed browser binary
(/usr/bin/chrome | /usr/bin/firefox)
Launch?
Code:
And you don't need any window manager to do this. It works right out of the box as is with X11. If XBMC is running. X11 is open. If X11 is open, X11 apps will run.
Code:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which distro for XBMC + Emus and Firefox?0