• 4(current)
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.
(2013-01-16, 15:33)B.Moxham Wrote: Hi, first post here on the forums.

I really want to get this set up at some point but I'm a little confused about the setup aspect.

Can I not just layout the order of my files as:

WWE > Pay-Per-View > Year > Name of PPV

Instead of all the S**E** I read in the first post?

I'm totally new to XBMC so apologies if I'm jumping in at the deep end here, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.

Hey bro, in order for XBMC to pick the files up you have to stick to the naming convention S**E**. Then XBMC can read the corresponding nfo and get the details. The only way to use the method you suggested would be to access the videos in file mode but its not going to look or function anywhere near as good. Its entirely up to you.
(2013-01-16, 17:51)Deano316 Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 15:33)B.Moxham Wrote: Hi, first post here on the forums.

I really want to get this set up at some point but I'm a little confused about the setup aspect.

Can I not just layout the order of my files as:

WWE > Pay-Per-View > Year > Name of PPV

Instead of all the S**E** I read in the first post?

I'm totally new to XBMC so apologies if I'm jumping in at the deep end here, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.

Hey bro, in order for XBMC to pick the files up you have to stick to the naming convention S**E**. Then XBMC can read the corresponding nfo and get the details. The only way to use the method you suggested would be to access the videos in file mode but its not going to look or function anywhere near as good. Its entirely up to you.

Thanks for your response.

Going from this screengrab:

This is how I’d like my main menu looking like, or something similar.

But then you’re saying that I have to have it set up as seasons instead of years within for me to have the artwork seen within the thread?
To have it work the same as my setup, yes. You can add a folder to the main menu like I said, but it won't have all the info.
And there is no work around?

Will I be able to have background art though for each PPV when a PPV is selected using the year method?
Not as far as I'm aware.

With this image, you have it set up at 27.5, 27.6 - according to which PPV it is within the year.

Could you not say have it set up as where you have the season number, it's the year number instead

So the structure is:

WWE > Pay-Per-View > Season 1987 > Name of PPV

Sorry, just finding it hard to comprehend that you can't organise and get art for something just because it's not organised by season.....
All I can suggest is that you give a try. I'm not by my pc today to try it, so if you do let me know how you get on. Wink
You can Moxham...that's how I did it.

My folders are like this WWE > PPV> 1987 > PPV NAME

in the nfo I changed the season to 1987. So it actually shows 1987 Wink

Scrape the metadata first then change it the season number notepad++ has a tool to find and replace in multiple files so it's really quick to do. Smile (A lot of the metadata on tvdb is wrong though, so watch yourself)

You can see I did it here

My only thing is I can't get fanart for each ppv...
(2013-01-21, 22:28)pisoj1 Wrote: You can Moxham...that's how I did it.

My folders are like this WWE > PPV> 1987 > PPV NAME

in the nfo I changed the season to 1987. So it actually shows 1987 Wink

Scrape the metadata first then change it the season number notepad++ has a tool to find and replace in multiple files so it's really quick to do. Smile (A lot of the metadata on tvdb is wrong though, so watch yourself)

You can see I did it here

My only thing is I can't get fanart for each ppv...

Nice work, may have to do that myself Big Grin Did something similar with my WWE Legends series, making Austin's documentary Season 316. When things settle down I'll try and get a solution for the fanart from the devs but until then you'll just have to live with it I'm afraid.
Is there a way of adding custom fanart to each ppv without having to scrape for data? I use Photoshop so am quite willing to make my own backgrounds for each event.

Deano I sent you a message yesterday - any response?

Also, can people post up examples of what their folders look like for their PPV's?

If I'm being honest, it looks like a lot of work to set up...
(2013-01-22, 13:25)B.Moxham Wrote: Is there a way of adding custom fanart to each ppv without having to scrape for data? I use Photoshop so am quite willing to make my own backgrounds for each event.

Deano I sent you a message yesterday - any response?

Also, can people post up examples of what their folders look like for their PPV's?

If I'm being honest, it looks like a lot of work to set up...

Apologies, I'm juggling a few too many projects I think Confused I will be doing a new guide in the future, but for the moment this will have to do. I still need to find a solution for the ppv fanart and find out just how much the new Nox can do. Hope this will suffice for now, it looks like a lot of work but the end results are worth it. If you're struggling with writing .nfos, PM me and I'll share some of the ones I've already completed. Wink
I just started trying to build this, and the first thing I notice is that tvdb stopped entering ppv's as of the 2011 TLC.... all of 2012 is missing. Should I use a different source?

Edit: It appears TVDB has decided wwe is a sport, locked all previous entries and does not allow new ones to be added. .... So that sort of breaks this whole guide, doesn't it?
(2013-01-22, 20:17)exoscoriae Wrote: I just started trying to build this, and the first thing I notice is that tvdb stopped entering ppv's as of the 2011 TLC.... all of 2012 is missing. Should I use a different source?

Edit: It appears TVDB has decided wwe is a sport, locked all previous entries and does not allow new ones to be added. .... So that sort of breaks this whole guide, doesn't it?

Not really. If you use an existing .nfo, edit the sXX eXX and details accordingly you can just keep adding as many new PPV's as you like Smile
I've just spent some time downloading all the poster, fanart, and thumb files for the entire year of 2011 and 2012. I then ripped each ppv to mkv and placed it with these files in the exact same way your tutorial suggests.
M:\WWE PPV\Season 28\S28E01 through S28E12
And then again with Season 27.

Unfortunately, this tutorial pretty much stops at that point, and doesn't explain how to actually add them.

After reading through the 6 pages, I gathered that I should add them as TV Shows if I want it to look good.

When I went to TV Shows, and then to add videos, it never scraped.

I saw something earlier about these all being added as playlists.... but I don't know how to do that.... ie: I don't know how to add the files in the first place to get them to scrape. So far I have only been adding movies to XBMC, and those had no problem. I'm confused as to why Tv Shows are so different.

Any assistance on how to get the initial nfo files scraped, how to properly add the video files, and such would be greatly appreciated. Without that info, this tutorial is more of a list of things to collect and how it could potentially look. Which is helpful to some degree, but incomplete as a tutorial.

I'm using Frodo Rc3 and Aeon Nox v4.
Exo...you should add them as a tv show...when you add it run an automated scan on it but don't update it...so it should grab your nfo's from the files....as long as their all in the same place and named right.

You have to fill in the seasons that tvdb doesnt have yourself so that does sort of suck but its not to bad...

Wondering if someone has UFC nfo's could they zip them and share them? Beats writing out 150 or so of em.

I'll look to make a little video of it running and how I set up most of it in the next few days Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO setup your WWE PPV, WWE Specials and UFC PPV collection.1