Add To Favourites Button
Hello, I am not sure if this post should go here or in the skin forum but after trying to figure this out myself it appears to be harder then expected and might need some scripting.

There are two things i would like to get working on my setup. I am not sure if these functions are even possible.

1. I would like a button on my remote to add movies to my favorites list or take them off the list if they are already on it.

2. I would like that button to function this way ONLY when in my video library.

So is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sunkin Wrote:Hello, I am not sure if this post should go here or in the skin forum but after trying to figure this out myself it appears to be harder then expected and might need some scripting.

There are two things i would like to get working on my setup. I am not sure if these functions are even possible.

1. I would like a button on my remote to add movies to my favorites list or take them off the list if they are already on it.

2. I would like that button to function this way ONLY when in my video library.

So is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This should give you a pretty good idea of how to map the keys and which section you want

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Also there are several other threads on this topic. Please do a search first.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
hunkyn Wrote:This should give you a pretty good idea of how to map the keys and which section you want

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Also there are several other threads on this topic. Please do a search first.

My bad. I didn't notice when i originally looked over that article it answered my second question.

I guess the one part i am still stuck on is i can't seem to figure out the syntax for adding and removing a favorite. I found how to load the favorites menu in many places but only found adding and removing in one. Here. But that is a whole lot more code then opening the window. Before i attempt to teach myself how to take that code and implement it into the keymap file... Am i even on the correct path here??
sunkin, I am after the same thing as you for point 1. I'm trying to figure out how to map a button to "add to/remove from favorites".
It seems there is no buitin command, so would need to create a script. Mapping the button to a script is no problem, its the script itself we need now.
I was hoping someone could show the way on this, without having to start from the benning of learning python programming for xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add To Favourites Button0