Fairly urgent help requested! (what & where to buy?)
Hi,

A bit unexpected I'm going to Calgary for a couple of days at the end of next week. Computer stuff is pretty expensive here (Denmark), so I'm thinking of picking up something in Canada to replace my really old XBox.

I have not really looked into what options there are, but with this upcoming opportunity I think it's a good idea to take advantage of the lower hardware prices. (As example the asus revo r3700 costs over USD 500 here, where it seems to be around the USD 300 mark in Northern America.)

I have a HD ready Samsung TV with HDMI ports; Display Format 720p; Input Video Formats 480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p.

Now, the wish list:
The computer I'm looking for will only be used as media center, and -as with my xbox now- i'm hoping to make it to boot up and start XBMC right away. High quality video isn't all that important, other than that recently more and more of the things I like to watch are easier to find in x264, 720p, 1080 etc and much less in the for me sufficient divx et al formats.

I've seen the Asus Revo R3700 and think that would be great: It's small and appears sufficient for my needs. I think there are comparable devices (Zotac nano/Pulsebox) from other manufacturers, but I'm not sure which.

So first question: what small computers are available next to the Asus Revo?

On top of a system I'm also hoping to find a remote control and I'm pretty clueless what is available. Again, something simple would suffice.
Please give me some options!

(Regarding external storage: I've already got plenty of that.)

Secondly, as I'm only in Calgary for a few day, I don't want to risk ordering something online (and have it send to my hotel). SO I'm looking for actual shops where I can buy the Revo (or whatever alternative). I've tried to google for a computer store in Calgary, but the shops I find -shifting through loads and loads of online shops- don't seem to have the Asus Revo. So please, does anyone know such shops in Calgary (preferable downtown, but if needed i can take a taxi elsewhere).

Other tips on what I really should look at -hardware wise- are very welcome!

Thanks!!

BobbyR
Duh...Acer of course.

Overreading myself
the new atom chip what all htpc's use is just coming out the d2700 dual core 2.13ghzs.
http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/Inte...oard-2.jpg
wait for a htpc using this
Anyone tried D2700? I could not managed to using DXVA2 on it, and XBMC screen is blinking all the time.

Is this related to the driver?

Here's DeviceCaps
DXVAHD_Device_Caps_Linear_Space: No
DXVAHD_Device_Caps_xvYCC: No
DXVAHD_Device_Caps_RGB_Range_Conversion: No
DXVAHD_Device_Caps_YCbCr_Matrix_Conversion: Yes

Maybe it's caused by not supporting DXVAHD_Device_Caps_Linear_Space?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fairly urgent help requested! (what & where to buy?)0