Need help with zotac HD11 set up please!!!
Hello everyone!
Recently bought zotac HD11.... my questions are....

1) Which XBMC version (dharma latest, nightly etc) best suits this machine ?

2) I have a 80 gig laptop drive...which I think I can use in it..it has 2 gig of memory also.....should I install XBMC on operating system or should I run off USB on this machine ? Any pros or cons with or without OS being installed?

3)Or, should I installl XBMC as separate OS along with another OS?

4) any link to step by step procedure for XBMC install on zotac HD11 would be highly appreciated.

5) how can I download (and run also afterwards) movies etc using XBMC. Don't want to download using separate computer and then streaming using XBMC.

too many questions....but really need help before I do something wrong with the brand new machine.....

Thanks in advance to everyone......such a nice community and such nice people....and thanks to XBMC team of course who helped bringing these good helpful people together....sorta....

Thanks again!
Satfan
thank you!!
it says bios update as optional...any suggestions??
Also...will the xbmc run better off usb live or should i install on windows 7 (i don't know what other benefit i can get with having windows 7 along with xbmc but i think i would still like to have it...any suggestions in that case)...
any method so that i can have both and then boot just xbmc or windows 7 as needed....
which windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) is better...(my zotac HD11 machine has 2 gb of ram with 80gb of laptop harddrive (NOT SSD)..
thanks again...
Peter
thank you very much!!
Will install XBMC live on a 8 GB stick and will keep it that way...later may be will try to install windows 7 ulimate on hard drive and will keep the machine as dual boot.
will let u know how it goes...just to confirm...the below (link) stable 10.1 dharma live xbmc is the one i'm going to download and install...( skin back row is what i'm looking for...hope i don't need nightly build for for that)
http://xbmc.org/download/

Thank you very much, once again....
satfan
Keep the facts straight please. XBMC on Windows has hardware accelerated decoding for all graphic cards with dxva2.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
If I were you I'd set up a dual boot HD, which XBMC does automatically for you if you install the live version (i.e. you'll get the option to boot windows or XBMC after computer POST). Then you can use the Windows environment to handle your downloads, since it has a better GUI for that, and then play them off the same HD with XBMC.

Only disadvantage with the above is ofc that you can't do simultaneous downloading and watching.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Good to know.....thanks !! Wonder if that makes any difference for XBMC being on windows 7 or as a self OS (with XBMC live USB)?? ALthough..i bought Zotac HD11 for XBMC but know that i know that it can also be used as a PC so i'm trying to avail both benefits....
thanks again...
satfan
satfan Wrote:Hello everyone!
Recently bought zotac HD11.... my questions are....
Is this the exact model of your Zotac "Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11 Mini PC"? If it is, Windows 7 32-bit would work best with 2GB of RAM. Windows 7 might be the easiest route!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
To Orclas..
thanks!! what is "ofc" in "Only disadvantage with the above is ofc"??

I'm Trying keeping XBMC as live on USB as my latop hard drive (which i'm planning putting in zotac) is not big (80 GIg) also i'll probably make a NAS in near future from where i'll play all my media....the hard drive OS is only for casual browsing on big TV!!

Also...would really apprciate if u can check this....
wiz561 was very helpful so far but i think he's offlline now..as per him (at this link..

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._it_to_usb

i don't understand 5th step onwards for BIOS flash?? And also how can i check if my BIOS is not already updated as i bought a "Used" system....any way to check without hard drive in the machine...

BIOS flash steps as per link: (BTW i downloaded BIOS from Zotac website and will install Dharma stable 10.1 live later)

1.Download 'unetbootin' from sourceforge. unetbootin
2.Download BIOS flash files from Zotac Zotac ID11 Downloads
3.Start unetbootin and choose "FreeDos" for the distribution.
4.Copy "AFUDOS" and the BIOS from the Zotac flash bios download to the usb thumb drive.
5.Restart
6.Load FreeDOS LiveCD with HiMEM + EMM386
7.Change the drive to B: or C:. Basically, you want to find the AFUDOS directory. Some say it's on B:, I found it on C:.
8.Read the readme.txt file for instructions to flash the BIOS!!! I had to add a couple of switches to the command so it flashes everything!
9.Flash the bios.
10.Reboot and hopefully things will work.

thanks again!!
satfan
thank you blue ray!!
did u mean xbmc on windows 7 or as a dual boot (with XBMC live CD)?
Appreciated!!
satfan
satfan Wrote:thank you blue ray!!
did u mean xbmc on windows 7 or as a dual boot (with XBMC live CD)?
Appreciated!!
satfan
I meant Windows 7 with XBMC Dharma 10.1. I built 4 HTPC with Windows 7 and XBMC, and I'm very happy with it. It allows me to use 7mce to fulfill my other needs too.
thanks blue ray!!
if u r still online can u tell me how can i achieve these scripts.. imean where and how i write those codes etc for xbmc install as per this link ...step 4

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._it_to_usb

For example:

Make a temp directory. You will copy the contents of the ISO to this directory.

mkdir ~/xbmcfreak-temp/

sudo mkdir /mnt/tmpiso/

Mount the ISO and copy the contents to a temp directory
sudo mount -o loop ~/Downloads/xbmcfreak-10.00-svn33324.iso /mnt/tmpiso/
Sorry, I never use Linux and I cannot help you on it. I'm a Windows person, and I'm very happy with Windows HTPC's!
thanks for the reply blue ray!

I thonk i got the answer...forgot that i was supposed to start from step 5 that is direct install of XBMC live...as the new version takes care of lots of things by itself...
will post if get stuck anywhere...
just wondering....as my machine is zotac ZD11....and have only 2gb memory...will it handle windows 7 ultimate 32bit with xbmc on it without any problem....
so u installed xbmc just like a program on your windows.....rightHuh
LAst...don't have remote yet for controlling xbmc on my zotac machine...will be using keyboard and mouse till i get a proper remote...can u recommend any cheap and best remoteHuh
Thanks!!
satfan Wrote:just wondering....as my machine is zotac ZD11....and have only 2gb memory...will it handle windows 7 ultimate 32bit with xbmc on it without any problem....
Windows7 Ultimate 32-bit should be fine with 2gb of RAM.

satfan Wrote:so u installed xbmc just like a program on your windows.....rightHuh
Yes, I downloaded the Windows version from here- Current Stable Release: 10.1 “Dharma”.

satfan Wrote:LAst...don't have remote yet for controlling xbmc on my zotac machine...will be using keyboard and mouse till i get a proper remote...can u recommend any cheap and best remoteHuh
Thanks!!
I have this HP remote- HP OEM Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition. It have very good ranges and it's very precise and simple remote.
wiz561 Wrote:I find that the advantages of using it on linux are that it's not bloated with a bunch of windows stuff, it's more 'hands-off', and vdpau. I don't have to run virus protection, I don't have to update it, I don't have to plug a mouse/keyboard in. The major disadvantage is that before xbmc had the live usb iso, setting it up and installing it was a major pain for people that weren't familiar with linux.
You might be still sleeping then. What are these "bloated with a bunch of windows stuff and I don't have to run virus protection, I don't have to update it"? It sound as you are trying to setup a desktop PC, and not HPTC. For HTPC with Windows, none of these are true. You can turn off all antivirus, updates, all other junks, etc. and HTPC will run as smooth as silk!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with zotac HD11 set up please!!!0