Good intro movies for xbmc.
Hi guys, I thought I would spice up XBMC a little by adding a short start up movie. Are there any places that have such things? at least 720p at that.

Also, on the windows version, is the xbmc logo that comes up at the beginning just an image file? and is it assessable without having to extract skin files and whatnot?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Ok scratch that; due to xbmc startup shenanigans (loading the interface at the start, not as optimised as it could be) startup movie ends up playing slow for a few seconds, creating blockyness and turning out to be a great waste of time. Plus I get "loading" after the splash which also buggeres up the experience.

Oh well.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Refocus does this with some XML wizardry. Take a look at it and try tofigure it out. I tried and got stumped.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I know how to make a startup playlist, that part is fine. It's just a shame the xbmc UI takes too much memory to initially kick in at the start, so playing back a hd vid at the same time becomes a waste of time.

Audio works well for this though, but it's not what I wanted.
It's no secret that the XBMC GUI isn't as optimized as it could be. Eden (v11) does bring us closer, though.

That being said, no name calling or I'm turning this car around.

EDIT: Deleting all the bickering and off-topic posts. Keep it up and I start changing forum avatars into ponies.
Ned Scott Wrote:It's no secret that the XBMC GUI isn't as optimized as it could be. Eden (v11) does bring us closer, though.

That being said, no name calling or I'm turning this car around.

EDIT: Deleting all the bickering and off-topic posts. Keep it up and I start changing forum avatars into ponies.

Thanks ned, looking forward to Eden: I am hearing some good stuff about it. Is it possible to add some sort of animated splash screen or something?

Like a throbbing logo or something as the gui loads (no penis jokes plz).
I think the devs were actually looking into something like that for an upgrade notice screen. They wanted something animated to give the impression of "working/something is happening/hour glass". At least I recall that idea being thrown around. I have no idea if it's actually going to be done.
I don't know about you guys, but on my box (AMD 6000+ proc, 2GB RAM), I only see the logo for 6-8 seconds before it's ready to use. I'm not saying it wouldn't be eye-candy to see something animated, but not sure I'd even notice it between the time I turn on and turn around to walk to the couch and it's ready to go.
I was thinking something like the xbox 360 logo type of thing with an animated bit and a sound. Might also be extra nice for folks using the live versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good intro movies for xbmc.0