VDADecoder problems on Mac mini mid 2010
Hi all!

I have Mac mini mid 2010 (2,4 ghz / 2 gb RAM / nvidia gforce 320M, 256 mb Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2).

When i play movie (Avatar, bdremux 43,8 gb, 38Mb bitrate, h264 high profile) on last nightly build (Eden, from 20111110-26cc297 to 20111126-eac52fe) it loads cpu up to 150-160% gpu 4-5% (dc:ff-h264). If i play it on last stable build (Dharma) it plays smoothly and loads cpu 45-50% gpu 16-18% (dc:vda-h264). In both situation VDADecoder is enabled. This bug appear only in h264 high profile movies.

Any suggestions?
Quote:Any suggestions?
A debug log?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
pseudo7 Wrote:A debug log?

http://pastebin.com/99kHHAQ5
very odd, "vda-h264 - Failed"
davilla Wrote:very odd, "vda-h264 - Failed"
What does this mean?
Max1m Wrote:What does this mean?

It means the open failed in one of the non-logged paths. For example, if the content is suspected of being interlaced, it will fail the open.

I've added a log for that. Dharma did not have this check.
davilla Wrote:It means the open failed in one of the non-logged paths. For example, if the content is suspected of being interlaced, it will fail the open.

I've added a log for that. Dharma did not have this check.

It is possible to correct that bug?
Max1m Wrote:It is possible to correct that bug?

1) It's not a 'bug', VDA cannot handle interlaced h264, in fact, it barfs quite badly.

2) Interlace detection is hard, we can detect one of three forms of h264 interlaced during VDA open, the other two we can only detect after playback has begun which is way too late to recover and vector to ffmpeg.

3) Figure out another way to deal with this and submit a patch and I'll consider it. The current code is the most bullet proof way to prevent bad things from happening so it stays.
Use media info to detect interlaced files in library ?

Its not ideal be could be a start
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Any news?
Max1m Wrote:Any news?

nope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDADecoder problems on Mac mini mid 20100