XBMC So Freakin Slow!!! WHY
kcraptor82 Wrote:Like stated, internet is fast, and router should be able to keep up, but yet I could be wrong. Now when you mention of storing data locally, you mean on the device / laptop that is streaming the content to my TV, correct?

I have all my metadata/fanart stored locally in the same folder as the Movie/TV Show resides, so in your case this would be on your main desktop PC i.e.

Code:
F:/Movies/Alien (1979)/
                 |--------Alien (1979).avi
                 |--------Alien (1979).nfo
                 |--------Alien (1979).tbn
                 |--------Alien (1979)-fanart.jpg
There are a few 3rd party programs you can use to download and organise your metadata/fanart such as:

Media Companion
Ember Media Manager
Media Center Master
meta<browser>

meta<browser> is software you have to pay a subscription for though.

The .nfo file is where all your metadata is stored for that movie
The .tbn file is front cover image for the Movie/TV Show
The .jpg is the fanart
Using a Fullscreen Window or True Fullscreen?
I seriously think this could be the post of the year. Can we have an award for that? I have never wanted to help anyone less than this guy.
I have to laugh about this. I've been here myself...frustrated...looking for help....posted debug log...and nothing...nada...not a reply. So you make a comment...and fifty people jump into your thread and suddenly comment. While this may not exactly be the case here, it's still a classic Big Grin Big Grin
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Shaolin Wrote:I have all my metadata/fanart stored locally in the same folder as the Movie/TV Show resides, so in your case this would be on your main desktop PC i.e.

Code:
F:/Movies/Alien (1979)/
                 |--------Alien (1979).avi
                 |--------Alien (1979).nfo
                 |--------Alien (1979).tbn
                 |--------Alien (1979)-fanart.jpg
There are a few 3rd party programs you can use to download and organise your metadata/fanart such as:

Media Companion
Ember Media Manager
Media Center Master
meta<browser>

meta<browser> is software you have to pay a subscription for though.

The .nfo file is where all your metadata is stored for that movie
The .tbn file is front cover image for the Movie/TV Show
The .jpg is the fanart

I have my files exactly like that! But I add a folder.jpg to the mix so when I am looking at it thru explorer it looks nice, lol!
Hitcher Wrote:Using a Fullscreen Window or True Fullscreen?

My settings show:

Display Mode Full Screen #1
Resolution 1024x768
Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen: is checked
Blank other displays: not checked
Vertical blank sync: Always enabled
If you are going to be using this laptop for xbmc only (meaning you dont need a browser or win 7) I suggest that you try the link below. It is a version of xbmc ontop of a very small linux os.

Click the link and download the generic version. Then read the install instructions.

If you dont like it or need to have a full blown os, you an always reinstall win 7.

http://openelec.tv/get-openelec
blacklist Wrote:I seriously think this could be the post of the year. Can we have an award for that? I have never wanted to help anyone less than this guy.

While I agree with this comment, it still amazes me how effecive a contriversiol post can be.
Many fully descriptive, Informatitive, polite posts get ignored, and ones like these grow into monstrous threads Big Grin

In all fairness to the OP he probably knows his post will now be answered in one way or another Laugh

It's a shame, but its effective....
Your debug log has lines repeating in it "You're an idiot".

Don't believe me? Look at it and post it here to prove me wrong
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Uncheck -Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen.
Also try enabling Video Acceleration.

Settings > System > Video >

DVXA2 for Windows
VDPAU for Linux.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu Wrote:Also try enabling Video Acceleration.

Settings > System > Video >

DVXA2 for Windows
VDPAU for Linux.

This will more than likely fix your problem.
(2011-11-29, 06:07)KidKiwi Wrote: I have to laugh about this. I've been here myself...frustrated...looking for help....posted debug log...and nothing...nada...not a reply.
I just downloaded and installed, for the first time ever, XBMC 11 (Eden). It is horribly slow, out of the box. There really is no justification for this, unless this whole thing was written in Java, C# or some other .NET language.

Any idea what to do when XBMC takes 100% CPU, even without playing any song or video?

(my system runs Windows XP SP3)

In that scenario, I'd bet on your graphics driver being rubbish. But you could start with your Debug Log and work from there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah sounds like something's going awry with your hardware.. Definitely not XBMC as i've tested it on about 7 machines, one of them being a raspberry pi and it runs pretty smooth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC So Freakin Slow!!! WHY1