• 25(current)
[RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support
(2012-11-16, 13:45)`Black Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 15:03)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-11-08, 10:49)Hitcher Wrote: So if there's nothing listed to download local files will never be used?
correct. too much code to change for this
Martijn, could you maybe reconsider this? If there is no file available on fanart.tv, it's currently impossible to add a local file to the database with AD.
Maybe he wants to encourage people to contribute their local files to fanart.tv for the benefit of all users
Maybe but it would also speed up the scanning process. If I have local files for all shows, AD doesn't need to check for online files imo. Currently it does and if nothing is available, it won't pick up the local file.
(2012-11-16, 14:02)`Black Wrote: Maybe but it would also speed up the scanning process. If I have local files for all shows, AD doesn't need to check for online files imo. Currently it does and if nothing is available, it won't pick up the local file.

Like said before. It isn't coded like this and it would require a massive code change.....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well, then I might have a look at it if I find the time. Smile
I will get to it but not within this month.
More changes are comming for API handling
Ok, thanks, much appreciated. Smile

I found some things you might want to fix. Line 84 can be removed I think and if self.mode is custom, you set movies, tv shows and music videos to true (line 100-102). I guess that's why I had some weird results with the custom mode because it ignores the media type.
(2012-11-08, 10:49)Hitcher Wrote: So if there's nothing listed to download local files will never be used?

So if fanart.tv doesn't have a logo for my show then there's no way for me to use my own local logo?
Have you ever considered adding support for the music side? It would be nice to see this one also cover all that the cdart add on does as well.
(2012-11-17, 03:55)RockDawg Wrote:

So if fanart.tv doesn't have a logo for my show then there's no way for me to use my own local logo?

Anyone?
Martijn will work on that but it will take some time.
Hi MartiJn. When i try download (logo,discart,extrafanart,etc) in "extras" of de movies in the library, "failed script.artwordowloader"
frodo beta 1
atv2 5.1(transparency)

http://pastebin.com/7HeZvMWS

thanks in advance Wink
Hi Martijn.

For French translation, string ID 32103 is missing :

Code:
<string id="32103">Utiliser les fichiers en local</string>
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Since Artwork Downloader is populating Art table in MyVideosXX database for adding artwork (discart, clearlogo, ...), skinners can display disc by using this code :

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Art(discart)]

rather than this one, which is like a workaround :

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.path,,disc.png]

But it's mean that XBMC users have to use Artwork Downloader to update MyVideosXX database.

All my movies are stored on my NAS and I use a specific software (XBNE) to scrap new movies and create .nfo, .tbn, -fanart.jpg file (and soon disc.png) and write them in the movie's folder on my NAS.

And when I start my HTPC, library is scanned and new movies are added to it but disc.png is not available as Artwork Downloader is not runned. Sad

So for having my disc displayed, I have to manually run Artwork Download for movie information window on each movie added or run Artwork Downloader for Programms menu to update my database.

In old version, with $INFO[ListItem.path,,disc.png], disc is displayed without doing anything more.

I think it's to late to add this to Frodo but for XBMC 13.0, XBMC should automatically import discart.png, logo.png, clearart.png, ... into art table when scanning library for new contents.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
NON OFFICIAL RELEASE:

For the ones who want to use local artwork that doesn't exist on fanart.tv you can use this .zip
download

This is a total hack and local file won't show in GUI.
Local file will be used in bulk mode even if it doesn't exist on fanart.tv
Try and let me know.

How hack is done (in case script gets updated):
commit

Translations
script is added to Transifex so translations will only be done through there
Hack seems to work fine with custom/bulk mode, thanks. Will you do a full rewrite for local file support sometime later or how do you intent to handle it?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Artwork Downloader - Skin support3