Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?
Hi!

Will a SD with 15MB/s be enouth or it will be a big diffrence to run with 20MB/s or 30MB/s?
Harmony Remote arrived yesterday and Flirc came today, all set up already, such a simple process! Going to follow those tips now on shutdown/suspend, thanks.

Edit:

Hmm, all working great now but the Harmony sure does have some bad input lag.. didn't expect this from an expensive remote! Turned down the latency in the Harmony settings but it's no better..

I'll give this a try. Any other tips?

Edit 2:

Managed to improve it a bit with these tips and this blog article, still seems around 300ms off during quick presses though.. Mabye it's an Flirc problem.
I have been trying to figure out the suspend behavior and it seems flaky. Sometimes I am able to wake the Zbox after a long suspend with the HP MCE remote+usb receiver, sometimes not and I have to press the power button on the device. Then sometimes after a long suspension and subsequent wake, the device can't see my shares. It has no problem getting an IP address, I have even set a static one, but it somehow cannot find my network ever after several reboots. I had to completely shut down the device to get it working again. I don't know, maybe this version of Openelec (1.0.2) is still buggy or there is a BIOS trick I am missing but I will keep at it before the return policy expires. As it is now, I don't think the device will make it to my living room this Christmas.
Suspend seems fine here, could try start over with the latest generic Eden nightly of OpenELEC.
My Zotac Zbox ND22 should arrive today. Is it true that I should use Openelec generic? Why not ION Builds or Intel Builds?
snowjim Wrote:My Zotac Zbox ND22 should arrive today. Is it true that I should use Openelec generic? Why not ION Builds or Intel Builds?

Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak

toineb Wrote:You will need the generic and not the ion build

http://www.openelec.tv/find-help/documen...zbox-nd-22

You should also read this

http://www.openelec.tv/forum/27-hardware...dware-page
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

toineb Wrote:Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak

Thanks!

I have now done the following :

1. Installed one Corsair 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz SO-DIMM
  2. Installed the generic OpenElec on to a Sandisc 16GB USB stick
  3. Installed SanDisk Secure Digital Extreme Pro 8GB (SDHC) (Class 10) (45MB/S) SD card
  4. Start Zotac ZBox HD-ND22

The splashscreen for Zotac is shown then it begins to read from the USB stick(it is bliking) but then the screen goas black and only a carrot is at the top left, it seemse like it is not reading anymore form the USB stick?

I have been in the BIOS and saw that the boot order was correct(first USB then SD) :

1 Boot [USB]
2 Boot [SD card]

So what might be the problem? I Supose that the installation of the penElec will format the USB stick coreccly? I do see that it have placed a couple of files on it.

Pleas help!
I selected the USB device manually by pressing F8 or F11 at boot, I can never remember which key it is for the boot device menu! If this doesn't work for you I would try follow the OpenELEC guide for setting up your USB stick again.
DuMbGuM Wrote:I selected the USB device manually by pressing F8 or F11 at boot, I can never remember which key it is for the boot device menu! If this doesn't work for you I would try follow the OpenELEC guide for setting up your USB stick again.

Thanks! The front USB do not work for installation, when switching to one of the USB ports on the back the installation started.

But it was not over there, when looking for drivers to install the software on it took ages, some times I got a timout on the USB container event. But after a couple of tries it started to install on the SD card, it went to 75% then it did nothing more and this took about 20 min.

I tried to setup the USB stick again with the guide but it resulted in the same problem. I switched to a smaller 8 GB USB stick and this went however fine.

The xbmc is running really well so far on this product but it have a bit to high fan sound.

I will try some more tomorrow
snowjim Wrote:The xbmc is running really well so far on this product but it have a bit to high fan sound.

I will try some more tomorrow

This can be adjusted in the bios
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

MidnightWatcher Wrote:+1 for Zotac ND22. Set the fan speed to 50% in the BIOS, and set it to allocate 512MB for the GPU and you're all set.

toineb Wrote:This can be adjusted in the bios

I have talked to Zotac manufacturer and this is what thay said :

Generally with a MiniPC you don’t want to go over 80C under load, average temperatures are usually between 30-60C.

I think if the fan is noisy it is most likely high temperature or faulty heat sensor. Suggest you check temperature with ‘Realtemp’ (for CPU) and ‘GPU-Z’ (for Graphics).

But Im not running windows so I can´t do this. Is it really safe to lower the fanspeed to 50%?

And about the memmory(512MB), what will this help? Is it noticable?
Wow.. This is great thread.. I just installed XBMC to run on a HP N40L server running Windows Home Server 2011 for my Home Theater room after hearing about this media progam several weeks ago. This machine has 8TB of storage. This is my main XBMC machine. I have fell in love with XBMC. Now I want to setup XBMC in my master bedroom and several other rooms. So, I was looking for a low cost, powerful, compact, and Windows based mini-PC to run XBMC in the other rooms that can stream 1080p movies over the network from the HP N40L server located in my home theater room. So, it looks like the Zotac ND22 is the best solution available right now. Please confirm. In addition, I have an AV receiver in each of the rooms and a Harmony remote.

One last question. Can the XBMC video library from the XBMC installation on the HP N40L server in my Home Theater room be shared among the other instances of XBMC? Or do you recommend maintaining a separate XBMC video library for each of the XBMC installation.

Other questions.. How did this unit compare to the Zotac Nano version (AD10) with the AMD E-350 chip? Is the Onboard Video card (AMD Radeon™ HD 6310) in this unit (AD10) better than the ND22 model (NVIDIA ION graphics processor)? Additionally, it looks like a AMD E-450 version of the Nano is coming out soon.

Please advise as I am ready to purchase now..
snowjim Wrote:Is it really safe to lower the fanspeed to 50%?
I have had zero issues running the fan speed at 50%. To me it's very quiet -- not silent -- but quiet, and I hear nothing when watching TV. (I only use the ND22 for TV/movies, and not for gaming.)

snowjim Wrote:And about the memmory(512MB), what will this help? Is it noticable?
It's always recommended to set it to 512MB imho. You could probably get away with 256MB, but giving the GPU some extra breathing room never hurts.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I have had zero issues running the fan speed at 50%. To me it's very quiet -- not silent -- but quiet, and I hear nothing when watching TV. (I only use the ND22 for TV/movies, and not for gaming.)

Okay, but you have not checked the temp? Its great that you got no issues but running the setup in over 80 degree would probably shorten the life.

I am thinking of running Windows7 from USB and check the temp but this will probably involve alot of work. My current USB 16 GB stick do also not seem to get along with Zotac so I vill probably need to buy another USB stick for this.

MidnightWatcher Wrote:It's always recommended to set it to 512MB imho. You could probably get away with 256MB, but giving the GPU some extra breathing room never hurts.

Okay? So its always recomended but its not done by default? I supose that this change will make the playback smoother? but do you know if its noticable?
I did the splash screen fix and a logo of openelec is shown, I thought that it was a XBMC logo that would be shown like you can see on some videos?

Also the command text is not entirely hidden by the splash screen, it will show the command two times during startup.

This is of couse no problem, I just wonder if this is how it supose to work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?1