Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?
I have so far tested a couple of SD epesodes (300-500 MB) and we have notice that there is lag? I know that you could get micro lag when a unit can´t deliver 24p and if the video is in 24p could this be the problem?

The videos is runned from rar archives over LAN. This is tha same LAN that Boxee Box and WD TV Live have been using without problem.

Here is how my XBMC is setup :

MidnightWatcher Wrote:I have had zero issues running the fan speed at 50%. To me it's very quiet -- not silent -- but quiet, and I hear nothing when watching TV. (I only use the ND22 for TV/movies, and not for gaming.)

It's always recommended to set it to 512MB imho. You could probably get away with 256MB, but giving the GPU some extra breathing room never hurts.

Mine touch wood has never skipped abeat either and it is on pretty much 24/7. I have had mine for a while now aswell.

As MidnightWatcher said, giving the gpu more never hurts. If anything I wish I could give it more :-)
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

snowjim Wrote:I did the splash screen fix and a logo of openelec is shown, I thought that it was a XBMC logo that would be shown like you can see on some videos?

Also the command text is not entirely hidden by the splash screen, it will show the command two times during startup.

This is of couse no problem, I just wonder if this is how it supose to work?

Might be worht your while asking this question in the openelec forum. I never actually got round to fixing the splash screen. It wasn't a big deal for me
HTPC

Sorry can't offer any advice in regard toyour set up. All of my media was stored via external usb drives and I never had any lag issues. In fact I found the playback to be superior to windows / xmbc on the same system, especially 1080p. I could never find out the reason why though.
HTPC

I have heard problems in the forums from time to time that playing media from inside compressed archives can cause these sort of difficulties (not being specific to OpenELEC or the ZBOX here, just in general).

I have most of my video content (mostly x264 .MKV) stored on a Syno NAS and the rest on my main PC HDD's, all of it shared wirelessly via SMB. It streams perfectly to the ZBOX over Wi-Fi N. I was actually surprised to have 1080p movies opening within a second of selecting them and being able to skip through them so quickly.
toineb Wrote:Mine touch wood has never skipped abeat either and it is on pretty much 24/7. I have had mine for a while now aswell.

So you have also set your fanspeed to 50%?

Could you pleas check your Zotac to see if its setup like mine?
DuMbGuM Wrote:I have heard problems in the forums from time to time that playing media from inside compressed archives can cause these sort of difficulties (not being specific to OpenELEC or the ZBOX here, just in general).

I have most of my video content (mostly x264 .MKV) stored on a Syno NAS and the rest on my main PC HDD's, all of it shared wirelessly via SMB. It streams perfectly to the ZBOX over Wi-Fi N. I was actually surprised to have 1080p movies opening within a second of selecting them and being able to skip through them so quickly.

I will try to play it unpacked. thanks for the suggestion!
snowjim Wrote:So you have also set your fanspeed to 50%?

Could you pleas check your Zotac to see if its setup like mine?

Hello yes mine is set to 50% after I updated the bios and my openelec settings are the same.

I also made other changes in the bios

toineb Wrote:All I did was make the following changes in BIOS (FSB clock, IGPU eng and shader clock). I have experimented with increasting the IGPU ENG to 525 and the shader clock to 1151.

Anyway with the above settings, I got these results

toineb Wrote:Only little increases to the WEI but given the case and cooling, I didn't want to push things to hard.

So WEI has gone from 3.9 to 4.1

I have 512k for the GPU and the CPU running at 1.35 from 1.20
My thread is mostly about win 7 and xbmc as initally I could not get openelec to work as I had problems with the ion build, it was only later I discovered that I needed the generic build. However, if you want to have a read

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97963
HTPC

@Toineb:

So.. you kept the BIOS settings while using OpenElec? (Not sure if the photo links are broken or my work's SurfControl is blocking them)

If links are broken, can you share your Bios settings? Have you done a comparison with stock settings and these under OpenElec?

Have you tried any other skin besides Confluence? Did it bog down the ND22?
Hi,

I have checked BIOS now but Im not sure exacly what settings to set. Can someone pleas guide me on how to set the following :

1. 512MB for the GPU
  2. Set the fan speed to 50%

BestRegards
LowBoost Wrote:@Toineb:

So.. you kept the BIOS settings while using OpenElec? (Not sure if the photo links are broken or my work's SurfControl is blocking them)

If links are broken, can you share your Bios settings? Have you done a comparison with stock settings and these under OpenElec?

Have you tried any other skin besides Confluence? Did it bog down the ND22?

The photo's are showing for me, can someone else please confirm if they are not working ?

Anyway

FSB Clock 899
IGPU ENG Clock 499
IGPU Shader Clock 1129

I kept the Bios with the changes when I installed openelec. I never tried it without them. As for the skin, I found mq2 to work well
HTPC

snowjim Wrote:Hi,

I have checked BIOS now but Im not sure exacly what settings to set. Can someone pleas guide me on how to set the following :

1. 512MB for the GPU
  2. Set the fan speed to 50%

BestRegards

For Fan speed, first check you have the latest bios (go to the zotac website to check)

Then

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1069-page5.html

For the GPU memory

I will take a pic of my bios later but I found this pic via google... not sure if it exactly the same, I need to check

https://qn4syw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1m...ZE/GPU-RAM[2].jpgImage
HTPC

Thanks alot toineb!!

I have checked the bios and I need to make a update, Im not clear on how to go about doing this yet(no Windows). I will try to solve this tomorrow.

I tried some more video clips and I do notice that thay all lag, not much but noticable. This goes for all video clips I have tested(rar archives, unpacked avi files(SD), mkv(1080p/720p) files. The lag between SD and HD is more or less the same.

Hope that a new bios and the new settings will solve this problem.

Will I have to reinstall openelec(running from SD) after BIOS update?
snowjim Wrote:...

I have now manage to create a bootable DOS USB pin but when I checked the version again I can see that I got 2K100422 whitch according to this url is the latest : http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...32&lang=nd

Yesterday I read somthing like 2K1010... on the webpage, I supose that I probably was on the wrong BIOS page.
snowjim Wrote:I have now manage to create a bootable DOS USB pin but when I checked the version again I can see that I got 2K100422 whitch according to this url is the latest : http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...32&lang=nd

Yesterday I read somthing like 2K1010... on the webpage, I supose that I probably was on the wrong BIOS page.

Hi Jim

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...32&lang=nd

Version 2K101018
.Improved Smart Fan function
.Corrected the Cooling Fan Speed after Wakeup from S3 Suspend Mode
.Added DMI content for "ZOTAC"

Version 2K100422
.Initial mass production release

422 is the origial bios, you need 1018. If you download the file and open the folder A147_(CULV_ION_ZBOX)_1010, the rom is in there
HTPC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?1