Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?
beamen Wrote:Please look at my post (right above your post)! The ND22 has a better CPU (even though it has a lower clock speed) and it STRUGGLES with online streaming. Yes, it's watchable, but I think I am going to trade it in to build something a bit more powerful. The image is "laggy". When watching sports with fast movement it really drives me nuts.

I think I'm going to build a new system with my old 775 socket + E8400 and spend money on a GPU, PS and case instead. It's a great little PC, but it's purpose is to be a multimedia system and it's not 100% there since it can't handle streams that well (which I use it for mostly).

Thank you for the feedback. Based on your feedback, I am going to look at eskro's guide to build a system.
beamen Wrote:Please look at my post (right above your post)! The ND22 has a better CPU (even though it has a lower clock speed) and it STRUGGLES with online streaming. Yes, it's watchable, but I think I am going to trade it in to build something a bit more powerful. The image is "laggy". When watching sports with fast movement it really drives me nuts.

Are you running openelec?

I am running openelec and im ipressed how well it flows compare to WDTV Live? Yes sometimes there might be a little lag but thats known bug in XBMC when running from rar archive if im correct.
snowjim Wrote:Are you running openelec?

I am running openelec and im ipressed how well it flows compare to WDTV Live? Yes sometimes there might be a little lag but thats known bug in XBMC when running from rar archive if im correct.

No Win7 64bit. Youtube works perfect (even 1080P). I'm talking about live streaming (TV). I OCed to 1,52Ghz and it seems to help it a bit, but there is still some lag. You can see it best when the camera moves a long distance. It's not smooth. It moves in phases. It is almost gone now at 1,52Ghz though, but I'd still like to get it a bit better.

Seems like HW acceleration does nothing with the CPU usage. On or off, doesn't really impact the CPU %. It's always around 70%.
DJ-1 Wrote:Just ordered a Zotac ID41-b + RAM (4GB DDR3), at the moment Hdd prices are too high still so i`l use a live version of either XBMC or Openelec off of a usb stick. Brother said seek/latencey will be better off of a usb anyhow, that right ?

how is the id41 generally?

cheers.

Any good then?
Hi,

DJ-1 Wrote:Just ordered a Zotac ID41-b + RAM (4GB DDR3), at the moment Hdd prices are too high still so i`l use a live version of either XBMC or Openelec off of a usb stick. Brother said seek/latencey will be better off of a usb anyhow, that right ?

how is the id41 generally?

cheers.

I got an ID41-plus a week ago. I've tried OpenElec 1.02 with success but had to move to Live XBMC pre-Eden as my other HTPC was on this version using Mysql so... Dharma and Eden are not using the same databases. May go back to OpenElec when Eden will be released.

Anyway, both are working great over HDMI and optical SPDIF. I'm only playing 720p stuff coming from my NAS but it work great for this. I've not tried 1080p (my TV is not ready for it anyway) so I can't comment on this aspect or on streaming live stuff from the Internet.

ehfortin
I can´t get Zotac HD ND22 to work with XBMC in a good way!?

I have tested XBMC Live, OpenELEC and now Windows7 with XBMC Edet. All of them have diffrent problems, for example :

Windows7 and XBMC
  1. Demands to fix the display drivers to 24hz to get flow in videos
  2. Vary bad performance in menus even with the correct GPU drivers. In thumb wall with small images (Aeon NOX) I get around 5-10 FPS when moving around.

OpeneElec
  1. Audio Sync problems, Audio is before video.
  2. Sync to Audio most be set to get flow in HD movies
  3. Audio sync needs to be set to -200
  4. If I pull the powercord all the settings(even skin settings) will be reset to default settings.
  5. Lockups from time to time in the menus that frezzes the box in a couple of minuts without telling me that it is loading (this did force me to pull the powercord a couple of times).
  6. And so on

XBMC Live
  1. Alot slower then openElec
  2. Can´t play ISO files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does anyone have a full working Zotac Zbox with XBMC?1