XBMC HD Streaming + ION 1 + Broadcom Crystal HD?
Good day,

I currently have a Zotac ION-ITX board with the original ION 1 chipset. From what I have been told, the ION 1 cannot be used to accelerate Flash video.

This motherboard also has a mini PCIe slot that currently has the wireless card in it. I do not use the wireless card. Is it possible to use the Broadcom Crystal HD (BCM970012) + the ION chipset to ensure I can stream HD content from Youtube AND still decode the local HD files?

Is this all supported in the current ppa builds for Ubuntu?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure Flash 10.1 and higher can do accelerated Flash on the ION. It's been a while since I did too much with Flash video on my Atom/ION boards, but I recall it being much better last I tried. This was under Windows 7... Can't speak to Linux.

And I'm fairly certain, the only thing that mini PCIe slot is good for is that wireless card.
I am not sure about the ION and Flash, but I can confirm that the Crystal HD is very good in HD Falsh videos. I just installed on in my old non-ION eee box b202 and it's working great! -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=948453

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HD Streaming + ION 1 + Broadcom Crystal HD?0