New HTPC: A6-3500, Wesena ITX7 build
Updated the 1st post. Wanted to thank forum members as I got most of my informations here! So, thanks to everyone that helped me! I'm really happy now and my wife is much impressed. Smile
Not sure how good this measure is, but with CPUID, it says that the power consumption while reading a ripped 1080p from Planet Earth is a steady ~27W, with some peaks around 35W.
Definitely, an SSD would definitely make your XBMC fanarts load wayy faster!!
the APU takes care of the UI speed while the
SSD takes care of the Fanart loading!!
eskro Wrote:Definitely, an SSD would definitely make your XBMC fanarts load wayy faster!!
the APU takes care of the UI speed while the
SSD takes care of the Fanart loading!!

yeah, I know! Though, no money left for now! And it's quick enough anyway. Smile
just wait for a deal on the patriot Torqx2!
often $45 after MIR!! even for us Canucks!
oh yeah, quick one Balinus, think u can give us TEMP readings after playing a 1080P flick?

how hot does the APU get?

thx Smile
Can you please tell me how hot the APU gets when you are watching a whole movie? (with dxva2 enabled - I guess this is all you use right?)

LOL.... eskro posted too...
Beer40oz Wrote:Can you please tell me how hot the APU gets when you are watching a whole movie? (with dxva2 enabled - I guess this is all you use right?)

LOL.... eskro posted too...

i just asked him that Tongue
eskro Wrote:i just asked him that Tongue

We where thinking the same thing on the same time! sacary Oo
i know, isnt it crazy O.O
Quite cool actually. After 1 hour of Planet Earth at 1080P, I get 44C. CPU fan at 1200RPM and case fan at 1300RPM. Got 28W of power consumption.

Just ran prime95+Furmark for 30min and got 71C, probably still rising. 85W power consumption.

Power measure come from CPUID "Hardware monitor", so I guess it's DC current power consumption.
It's worth noting that because the Wesena chassis is made out of solid aluminum it will act as a giant heat sink, which, while no substitute for active cooling, does help.
voip-ninja Wrote:It's worth noting that because the Wesena chassis is made out of solid aluminum it will act as a giant heat sink, which, while no substitute for active cooling, does help.
It is oven affect instead. The heat from the component (CPU, GPU, etc) is transfer/dissipate to the component heat sinks. The heat you feel on the case is from the hot air that is trapped inside the case! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Finally, after 75min of Baraka in 1080p, I get 39C!
Balinus Wrote:Finally, after 75min of Baraka in 1080p, I get 39C!

Very nice..... very.... Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC: A6-3500, Wesena ITX7 build0