Addon updates - confusing listings
I'm sure I'm not alone in finding it difficult to determine which is the actual latest update for many addons. Some threads adopt the convention of listing the latest code file in the first post. This works well when the original first poster is still contributing.

However, other plugins are either replaced by a modified version by a different user.

As a consequence, some plugins exist in various versions posted throughout a thread - and it's difficult to discover which is the latest (especially in long complicated threads).

A useful convention might be that when someone posts an update/revision that the post heading has a [UPDATE] tag.

Just an idea.
Hi Castalla,

I totally agree with you. There are threats with more than 100 pages and it is very difficult to understand where is the link to the latest version of the plugin
That's exactly what repositories are for - to keep you updated without doing anything.
Repositories? Can you explain or point to an explanation?

What about addons not in a repository?
castalla Wrote:Repositories? Can you explain or point to an explanation?

What about addons not in a repository?

Here you go

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

Remember anything you need to know is a google away Smile
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon updates - confusing listings0