Searching!?
Hi guys, love the app and have been using it a lot as a nice browser for the system. That being said, Must. Have. Search.

Android even has the nice little search button. I'd like to bring up the movie browser, hit the search button and as I type it filters movies based on the current text. Dying to have this put in place. It might be one of the last core functionality pieces that is missing now that I can send text to XBMC.

Is this still planned? I saw some posts regarding this from last year.
Really no one else wants an efficient way to search you XBMC library? There isn't a single solution for this even if you have a keyboard connected to your native box. Being able to use the predefined search button within Android phones would do so much.
i would like to see that feature, too. have you searched the bugtracker, maybe this feature has already been officially requested?
I second that. Search is essential.
Searching, but why stop there, a full featured playlist editor would be awesome, with search. There's a point when the music library is so large as to make creating a decent playlist arduous with a remote. This could be so bad ass with a phone/tablet
idlehands Wrote:Searching, but why stop there, a full featured playlist editor would be awesome, with search. There's a point when the music library is so large as to make creating a decent playlist arduous with a remote. This could be so bad ass with a phone/tablet

Agreed! Mine is mostly a movie library at the moment but soon it will be a music library as well and you are DEAD on. I'm surprised XBMC as a whole haven't improved this...heck the database is already there.

Never the less, to extend this through the remote would be awesome
When I first thought of tablet/remote this is what I assumed was there and was stunned not to see. Why bother with the same function as a regular remote, other that the "shiney" factor.

Not to sound too negative, it is neat what is there, I just was excited to finally have a great way to manage playlists, and was bummed when it wasn't there.
I too was shocked to find this feature isnt available. This would change everything and make the remote function completely essential. Can someone come back to us on whether this has been requested before? Has it been looked into?

I personally feel xbmc in general needs better search functions so these would all be solved with a search function.
(2012-03-21, 02:21)LanceVance Wrote: Can someone come back to us on whether this has been requested before? Has it been looked into?

The irony of not having searched for a search feature request is amusing. Wink

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...ells=tiles
(2012-03-21, 14:09)stibbons Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 02:21)LanceVance Wrote: Can someone come back to us on whether this has been requested before? Has it been looked into?

The irony of not having searched for a search feature request is amusing. Wink

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...ells=tiles

That post is from 2010, and it says the feature is planned...
(2012-03-21, 15:43)LanceVance Wrote: That post is from 2010, and it says the feature is planned...

Yeah. It says that somebody's asked for the feature, and it's been slated for inclusion in the 1.0 release, which hasn't happened yet. Does that answer your question?
(2012-03-26, 16:35)stibbons Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 15:43)LanceVance Wrote: That post is from 2010, and it says the feature is planned...

Yeah. It says that somebody's asked for the feature, and it's been slated for inclusion in the 1.0 release, which hasn't happened yet. Does that answer your question?

I suppose it does. I know this is a free program and the devlopers are working essentially as volunteers, I guess I'm just eager to see the remote app work to its full potential and thought I'd come on an request the function, didnt really expect a snotty response from a fellow leech.
If you guys want a search that works really well try installing TVersity and Bubble uPnP on your android. Searches your entire library instantly and far quicker than XBMC's internal search.
(2012-03-27, 12:24)RXP91 Wrote: If you guys want a search that works really well try installing TVersity and Bubble uPnP on your android. Searches your entire library instantly and far quicker than XBMC's internal search.

thanks man, Ill give it a try.
Hi there,

I am following these threads for a while now, because I am looking voor a good remote device for XBMC and my android phone/tablet. To lack of good searching is too bad. Bubble UPNP has a good solution indeed, but I am having a problem with it. It is connected with my XBMC on a PC and I can search the full library. When I want te play a song it keeps saying "Action time out" and after a half minute it starts the song. When I want to pause / stop / forward / etc. it works directly, but when I start the next song it has the same problem. Anyone has the same problem who uses Bubble as a remote? My local renderer is XBMC and also my library is the same. I hope someone has an answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Searching!?0