WIP Web-based XBMC Database Manager - HTML/JS/PHP - Updated 2012-07-26
thx for the reply vicious. Doesn't xbmc have its own built in web server that we can turn on? This is what I was meaning. Since its running through xbmc I should theoretically be able to use xbmc to serve this db manager. Or is it that xbmc doesn't handle php pages?
Wink 
sodapopdad Wrote:thx for the reply vicious. Doesn't xbmc have its own built in web server that we can turn on? This is what I was meaning. Since its running through xbmc I should theoretically be able to use xbmc to serve this db manager. Or is it that xbmc doesn't handle php pages?

I am not sure, in this form I suspect it wont work since I havent made it as an xbmc plugin.
The point of this project is to be able to run it on a machine without xbmc installed.
If you want to run it on your xbmc machine there are better options than this at the moment :-)
Update!
  • Repaired the option to mark movies as watched/not watched
  • Fixed IMDB link for movies
  • Some changes in the code

Will now start working on implementing more different options. I think I will start with an option to change the path of a movie.
I will also try to add filtering options this week.

I have gotten an idea on how to list the tv-show episodes. Will try that out this week if I have the time.
Update!
  • Improved design
  • Tabbed view
  • Some minor code improvements

I have been working with the design a bit since I got tired of the black and white without images.
I'm fairly satisfied with the list display but something needs to be done about the content view, not sure how to improve it though.
Vicious Wrote:Update!
  • Improved design
  • Tabbed view
  • Some minor code improvements

I have been working with the design a bit since I got tired of the black and white without images.
I'm fairly satisfied with the list display but something needs to be done about the content view, not sure how to improve it though.

Keep it up! Well done.

I hope somebody jumps on the train with you in the near future. Good to keep it on Github from the start. I then has all the potential to finally break throught.
hya

OMG..i have been dreaming of something like thos ever since i started using XBMC a few years ago...i have a headless debian server which i plan to move my normal xbmc database over to mysql.

Im not really technical but would absolutly love to test/use your project, is there a install guide for dummies like me? if not is there a good wiki.info page on how to install similar stuff?

thx ALOT for this project..really excited about this!!

best

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:hya

OMG..i have been dreaming of something like thos ever since i started using XBMC a few years ago...i have a headless debian server which i plan to move my normal xbmc database over to mysql.

Im not really technical but would absolutly love to test/use your project, is there a install guide for dummies like me? if not is there a good wiki.info page on how to install similar stuff?

thx ALOT for this project..really excited about this!!

best

Zeltak

I will write a short installation guide and put in the first post and on the wiki on github.

Currently I'm working on the functions (rename/delete/edit options). Feel free to post feature requests/ideas since I haven't decided on what the final product will be capable of Rolleyes
Just had a quick look at the source.
Old-School Smile

Am I right thinking that you are new to (PHP)Programming?

Dont get me wrong: Code looks okay, but there's a ton of libraries/frameworks out there helping you developing things. You'll get into trouble one the project grows as it will become more and more complex and if people are helping you, you'll get really busy merging in stuff Wink

So: Think about using a Framework! Feel free to contact me, I can help you on choosing one. As for now the codebase is not too large and porting it will be not too much work. Believe me: You will hate yourself in a year or so if you do not chance the base now and it grows on Smile
Croaker Wrote:Just had a quick look at the source.
Old-School Smile

Am I right thinking that you are new to (PHP)Programming?

Dont get me wrong: Code looks okay, but there's a ton of libraries/frameworks out there helping you developing things. You'll get into trouble one the project grows as it will become more and more complex and if people are helping you, you'll get really busy merging in stuff Wink

So: Think about using a Framework! Feel free to contact me, I can help you on choosing one. As for now the codebase is not too large and porting it will be not too much work. Believe me: You will hate yourself in a year or so if you do not chance the base now and it grows on Smile

Yes I'm new to programming web languages (PHP, JS and HTML in general) Nod

I will look into using a framework.
If I start using a certain framework that means that the webserver hosting the page needs to have the framework installed?
Or do I include the necessary files (from the framework) among everything else? Huh
Vicious Wrote:Yes I'm new to programming web languages (PHP, JS and HTML in general) Nod

I will look into using a framework.
If I start using a certain framework that means that the webserver hosting the page needs to have the framework installed?
Or do I include the necessary files (from the framework) among everything else? Huh

Depends on the FrameWork. There are some that needs to be installed and there are others that are just a bunch of PHP files.
You might want to keep a "guest/owner" option in there, so that for instance, you can show this to the internet, so people know what kind of movies you have (for those interested to have that option)
Croaker Wrote:Depends on the FrameWork. There are some that needs to be installed and there are others that are just a bunch of PHP files.

I have downloaded and setup Zend FrameWork and I will try it out to see if I can use it Laugh
Zend fw should be portable yes?

snelvuur Wrote:You might want to keep a "guest/owner" option in there, so that for instance, you can show this to the internet, so people know what kind of movies you have (for those interested to have that option)

That is a mighty good idea!
Either guest login or access directly to the read-only view of the db manager.
Login and unlock the edit option Smile

I will port the code to a framework as soon as I have gotten the hang of it (Zend or something else). I will implement the login function when i port the current codebase.

When implementing a login function, perhaps I should set up a database for the application? This would hold the usernames and pws and perhaps per-user settings (distant future right now :p)
Installation on debian-based servers:
sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 git
sudo git clone https://github.com/Farfar/XBMC-Database-Manager.git /var/www/xbmcdm
sudo nano /var/www/xbmcdm/variables/variables.php

Though you should create a settingspage in the interface that edits variables.php. A lot easier and what users expect Smile

KUTGW
Mar2zz Wrote:Installation on debian-based servers:
sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 git
sudo git clone https://github.com/Farfar/XBMC-Database-Manager.git /var/www/xbmcdm
sudo nano /var/www/xbmcdm/variables/variables.php

Though you should create a settingspage in the interface that edits variables.php. A lot easier and what users expect Smile

KUTGW

thx Mar2zz for the help

i think i have everything installed after following your guide, how do i actually access it throght the web interface? do i need to start it as a service under init.d?

thx

Zeltak
it's accessible @ http://servername/xbmcdm after install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web-based XBMC Database Manager - HTML/JS/PHP - Updated 2012-07-260