WIP Web-based XBMC Database Manager - HTML/JS/PHP - Updated 2012-07-26
danceresort Wrote:I don't suppose anyone would know if this is possible to get working on IIS 7? I guess its something to do with the symbolic links, but so far, I cannot find a fix for it on a windows based PC without installing another webserver..

I'm guessing that you would have to change the file paths. I am developing on linux so the directory separator is / instead of \ in windows.
I am not sure if something else needs to be installed or enabled in your IIS config since the project currently depends on quite a few different packages. I haven't checked exactly what it depends on but I will check when I got the time to setup a web server from scratch.

I have decided to keep working on this project since Media Manager for NAS coded in php doesn't quite suite my preferences.
That project is more ready for end users than this though. I must say great work tamplan! Smile

I have tried tamplan's project and it inspired me to do some changes in the code.
I am working on some changes in the navigation and presentation as well as the page design. I haven't had much time since christmas to work on the project though Sad
I have uploaded two new screenshots of what's coming soon Smile
As you can see the styling is a little bit different and images have found it's way into the project! Big Grin

Clicking on images renders an overlay with the image in larger scale.
Only fixed for movies so far, tv-shows will be fixed by tomorrow I hope and then I will commit the changes to github.
Been testing Tamplan's, will test this when you commit the updates too!
I have now fixed (I hope) viewing images in tv-show view as well as movie view.
I added the cast info to tv-shows as well, no fan art view yet though.
Is this project still being worked on? Looks like there haven't been updates in a while.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
This is exactly what I am looking for in order to manage my library. I am in the process of having to re-build my library and it's a PITA to have to mark everything as watched all over again with as many titles as I have.
The development is currently at a standstill and I haven't had enough spare time to fix the current issues with the software.
The parts I were working on when the project came to a standstill were:
  • Installation guide/wizard
  • Settings page
  • User management
  • Compatibility
  • Design

Hopefully I can resume the project in august/september.
It would be helpful though if there were more constructive criticism in this thread Tongue
At the projects current state intermediate/advanced users should be able to get the web page working fairly easy.
Update!

I have gotten some spare time to work on this project again.
The design haven't really been compatible between browsers so I have spent some time writing and rewriting the css.
The overall design of the page has improved with some more eye candy such as transparency (IE8 did not like this).
I am testing this with firefox and chromium on linux and IE8 and IE9 on windows. IE8 doesn't support some of the design elements such as opacity and the rounded corners so it looks a little bit uglier on IE8.

Fanart is now displayed as the page background, below the list and content boxes, click on BG to display overlay with the picture.
Content and list are now dynamically resized and the different lists (sort options, shows, movies, episodes, seasons) are now expandable/collapseable.
I am somewhat satisfied, at last, with the way shows/seasons/episodes are chosen and displayed.
A installation guide/wizard however is nowhere to be seen since I have absolutelty no clue how to make it. If someone have a good idea how to create this please let me know.

Github isn't totally up to date with the files since I have played around a whole lot with the css's.
I will make sure it's up to date as soon as I can (probably tomorrow)

EDIT: I am working on a method for editing information by simply clicking on text or images. The javascript is done, only thing missing is verification of input and database update.
I may take a look. PHP is one of the first languages I learned, and I run a headless Ubuntu box with a MySQL server for XBMC and a PHP-enabled Apache server with a bunch of stuff on it already.
Are you keeping up with the changes on the XBMC nightlies? The thumbnail handling is getting a big re-write at the moment.
Catchy Signature Here
No I'm not up-to-date with the nightlies, it's good to know that the thumbnails handling will change, I will have to take a look at that to ensure future support.

Currently the code should be compatible with bot dharma and eden.
This sounds interesting, anyone tested it with MSSQL 2005 or 2008?
I have been fooling around a bit with TMDB API and implemented a poster picker/changer.
To make it work I had to symlink the Thumbnails folder to www-root to be able to write to the images.

(2012-07-24, 23:13)kaffekask Wrote: This sounds interesting, anyone tested it with MSSQL 2005 or 2008?

I know that CodeIgniter has a mssql driver but I don't know if it is working.
If it does then theoretically the connection will work.
There's however no error handling yet so a wrongfully set database will result in broken pages.
Does it need to have the database with structure or can I start with an empty database and it creates all tables and columns?
That question is for both MySQL and MSSQL since I don't have any XBMC database at the moment.

I hope I'll have time for this in a couple of weeks.

(2012-07-25, 21:16)kaffekask Wrote: Does it need to have the database with structure or can I start with an empty database and it creates all tables and columns?
That question is for both MySQL and MSSQL since I don't have any XBMC database at the moment.

I hope I'll have time for this in a couple of weeks.

The web application does not create anything in the database. Since there's no real error handling yet I'm not sure what would happen if you connect it to an empty db.

I'm working on a Installer right now and hopefully it turns out ok Wink
At the moment the app is written for a localhost mysql connection to a database named xbmc_video with xbmc as username and pass. If this isn't the case then most pages will break Rolleyes

Edit: a simple installer/setup is now accessible via the applications web path /install (ex: http://localhost/install)
This will create a new local database containing user/password and XBMC database connection settings (old file backed up).
Ok, I'll have to install MySQL first and set up a test database for XBMC, so it will have to wait for a while.

I must often prefer to install things manual so I know what's going on, espacially since I run PHP on Windows and things are a little different then, but an installer sounds promising.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web-based XBMC Database Manager - HTML/JS/PHP - Updated 2012-07-260