WIP Web-based XBMC Database Manager - HTML/JS/PHP - Updated 2012-07-26
Hi,
I am using Frodo, because of my Raspberry Pis. Would like to know, if Vicious will make this nice tool working with Frodo.

At the moment I changed the code, for my usage, but I think it is just a workaround for the new way how Frodo uses the arts.

Hope to hear from you.
(2013-01-19, 23:32)strikegun Wrote: Hi,
I am using Frodo, because of my Raspberry Pis. Would like to know, if Vicious will make this nice tool working with Frodo.

At the moment I changed the code, for my usage, but I think it is just a workaround for the new way how Frodo uses the arts.

Hope to hear from you.

I will definitely make it work with Frodo as well.
I haven't taken the leap from Eden yet myself so I don't have any database to test against but if I understand correctly the main difference is how the artwork is managed.
Feel free to share if you have made changes that work with Frodo.

As soon as I get some motivation to start working on this again I will.
nice.
well, I saw your sourcecode and I am impressed how nice it was structured. Took me a time to realize how it works.

For now, I query the art table for the path of the poster and fanart. I resize them and created a cachefile with the hashcode. So, I can use it nearly the same as in eden.
This change is located in the application/models/movie.php and shows.php.
So the small problem I have is that the background fanart, which is loaded before the models are run, comes up on the second time, until the fanart is cached.

I am looking forward how your solution will look like.
At the moment I don't have the actors thumb. These are only a link in imdb. Or I have to create the .actor folder for each movie.
I shall take a look at some cross-platform web development tools and see if there's one that can simplify the coding for me, as it is now I tend to put all my energy into rewriting the codebase Sad
I often find myself thinking that I should rewrite all the previous parts since I learn more and more about web development as I move along.
This sounds just like the thing i was looking for!
Will this work using WAMP?

Have you switched to frodo yet ?
Kodi is the best HTPC software i know.
I've been using it since Dharma<3

Yes, I have made the switch to frodo and started testing a bit but I really don't have much spare time for this at the moment Sad
I have started rewriting the codebase but still have a few obstacles to overcome to get the "setup wizard" and edit functions working properly.

Good news is that with Frodo changing artwork is a breeze compared to pre-Frodo. However the artwork loads from the interwebs atm and takes some time to load.
This is one of the obstacles I am "working" on (when I have the time). I will need to setup some sort of cache for artwork and make thumbnails thumbnails instead of whole pictures.

This "new" version is developed using XAMPP on windows, will upload it to github when I consider it to be complete enough to be any use.
Could upload earlier if someone got the time and guts to improve my feeble coding attempts Wink
Sounds awesome that you are still working on this, it was just what i was searching for now that i got my database running on MySQL Big Grin
Big supporter here! Big Grin

I am glad to see you are still working on this as well. That is one thing that is truly missing from XBMC is a tool like this.

Can't wait to try it out.
I would gladly help out if i can, let me know if you need a tester.
Although it would be nice if it is easy to install on WAMP Smile

(2013-04-18, 22:25)Dennisreneholm Wrote: I would gladly help out if i can, let me know if you need a tester.

The goal is easy setup, some sort of wizard that takes care of essential configuration the first time you access the web app.

If you have a good layout idea please let me know! The current design only works decent when browsing movies, not so much for TV shows Confused
If you can make templates that's even better! My html/css knowledge is all on google Tongue

I am currently looking at Media Elch Media Manager for inspiration since that interface looks pretty useable. Let me know what you guys think.
(2013-04-30, 15:35)Vicious Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 22:25)Dennisreneholm Wrote: I would gladly help out if i can, let me know if you need a tester.

The goal is easy setup, some sort of wizard that takes care of essential configuration the first time you access the web app.

If you have a good layout idea please let me know! The current design only works decent when browsing movies, not so much for TV shows Confused
If you can make templates that's even better! My html/css knowledge is all on google Tongue

I am currently looking at Media Elch Media Manager for inspiration since that interface looks pretty useable. Let me know what you guys think.

I actually like the design on first post Tongue
But Media Elch looks nice too.

I haven't got much experience with coding myself, so i am not able to help out with that.
Would not have a problem with testing builds on my own WAMPserver though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web-based XBMC Database Manager - HTML/JS/PHP - Updated 2012-07-260