New iPad 2 - What is the best remote App
The fiance and I will be getting an iPad 2 for ourselves as a mutual gift this Christmas...

I have looked at several remote applications on my iPhone, but was wondering what your recomendations were on the best one for the iPad, since it has a bigger screen.

I don't mind if its not free - usually if something is a good app you have to pay a few bucks for it (or $30 for LogMeIn, but that's for my job). I just want to make the right choice before I purchase one.
xbmc commander, look no further
Hi,

I was searching for the same and I found the below link here in the forum. You would give it a try then. I will when I get home. Cheers!

SoulMote
For the iPad There is nothing beter then XBMC Constellation and it's Free
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104567

Fast and simple!
noem Wrote:For the iPad There is nothing beter then XBMC Constellation and it's Free
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104567

Fast and simple!

I actually tried the free version on my iPhone previously, and thought it was OK... I downloaded the iPad version last nite, along with Soulmote... Since they are both free I will try them both and if I think I need more I guess I will try Commander (since thats the pay one)...

First I have to troubleshoot my network... I rackmounted all 4 of my servers (1 is acting as a router - they were previously in old, beat up desktop cases with parts missing)... I performed the organ transplants last night, and thought everything was fine, but something happened to the hard drive in the router, so now when I tried to sign a wireless device on it can't add them to the table, since there is 'no space'... Luckily all my wired PC's are still functioning. Also can't hit the web interface.

I am really hoping the power cable just worked its way out of the drive, as it was loose - it was an old drive and one of the first power supplies I had with SATA connectors (re-purposed desktop that was built in 2003). Otherwise I have to re-install on a new hard drive - which I don't exactly have a lot of right now due to the shortage.

ANYWAYS: Once I get that figured out, I will test the 2 (and maybe the 3rd?) and potentially do a compare and contrast of the different features of each...
Soulmote is free but you don't get cover thumbnails and fanart and a few other thing in the free version
Constellation you get to see all, nothing is blocked, just a big add at the bottom Shocked

I use Constellation and it is great and about to get a lot better with the planed update.
Tried Soulmote looks good but could not get it to work No ( playing movies from the play button )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New iPad 2 - What is the best remote App0