Dell Inspiron 2305 2.4GHz AMD Athlon II X4 610e
How is it?

Well, they don't like the laptops I bought for them over Thanksgiving. They said, it is too slow. They still have time to return it. They preferred one good all-in-one touch screen desktop instead. They like the design and spec of Dell 2305. It is very sleek indeed, but it is not my type though. I preferred build it myself, but there is no way I can build one similar to it.

When Mrs. want it, you know the rule! :o

Dell Inspiron 2305 2.4GHz AMD Athlon II X4 610e

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
those look nice man!
My 1st thought is if something fails in it can I repair it or does it have to be sent in? I was never a big fan of the all in one combos....TV/VCR, VCR/DVD combo etc.
cburbs Wrote:My 1st thought is if something fails in it can I repair it or does it have to be sent in? I was never a big fan of the all in one combos....TV/VCR, VCR/DVD combo etc.
The component in it is very similar to the laptop. If the laptop can be repaired, this all-in-one HTPC should be able to repair the same way.
eskro Wrote:those look nice man!
I think that the AMD quad-core and iGPU (HD5470) should give them plenty of fire power.

It's hard to find one for the right price though. :mad:
yepp, pricey
Update- it's ordered and I should receive it next Wednesday. I'll find out how AMD Athlon II X4 610e 2.4GHz with AMD HD iGPU handles XBMC 11.0 with Aeon65 skin. It'll be a surprise Christmas gift for my wife, and I hope that she'll Smile!
cburbs Wrote:My 1st thought is if something fails in it can I repair it or does it have to be sent in? I was never a big fan of the all in one combos....TV/VCR, VCR/DVD combo etc.
Since I ordered Dell 2305 for my wife, I Googled the net on it. I found this video "Add Ram to a Dell 2305", and it seems to be a lot easier than a laptop. It have a lot more room than a laptop too. I replaced my wife/kids laptops RAM's, HDD and DVD drives several times over the years. It was easier than my desktop. The DVD drive in the laptop is kept in place with a single screw. Smile
Well, my wife uses it for almost a week now. She love it. The 23" LED touch screen is amazing. Oh yes, the 2.4 GHz AMD Quad-Core can handles XBMC with ease too.
bluray Wrote:the 2.4 GHz AMD Quad-Core can handles XBMC with ease too.

wouldnt expect anything else Tongue
I got a chance to look inside its case today. I installed 8GB of RAM for my wife today. Since she use it mostly for photo/video editing, she want 8GB of RAM in it.

I think that Dell did a wonderful job with this all-in-one PC. The fits/finishes/build are top qulity. It is very heavy duty too. Should anything go bad in it, it'll be very easy to replace component in it. The rear case cover is held in place with two screws. It's easier to get to all the componment in it after the case is slide out (it's easier than my desktop).

Best of all, my wife is very happy with her PC! Smile

really nice unit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dell Inspiron 2305 2.4GHz AMD Athlon II X4 610e0