IMDB Scrapping issue, matching on games rather than movies
Dear All,

I am new to xbmc and apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

I an having issues with the IMDB scrapper matching to the correct movie. All my movies are in their own folder and in the format of 'movie name (year)' in which there is 'moviename.mkv' and 'moviename.nfo' with the .nfo file having the imdb url for that particular movie.

I seem to be facing two issues,
1. scrapper is ignoring contents of .nfo file
2. scrapper is matching on name and year but to the video game not the movie. This is especially noticeable on 'How to train your dragon' as the video game was released in the same year as the film.

I have uploaded a debug log here: http://pastebin.com/N4T0asHm

Please can you help, being a noob it is possible that there is some setting I have not set correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I think I have worked the problem out, I had disabled the default move scrapper (themoviedb) after more searching and googling I found a thread which said you needed to enable the default scrapper to read the .nfo files

after enabling it seems to have fixed my problems..
Star 
I'm flabbergasted this worked for you.

1) XBMC itself creates the .nfo files after it scrapes. Most other sources of .nfo are not likely to work and usually screw up the works.

2)Manually scraping might be the best solution, don't know how a game title got in the mix from the scraper though if your setting is for movies.
just to update,

for 1. I created a .nfo file with just the imdb url in for the given movie and named it moviename.nfo. Previously I had disabled the defaul scrapper (tmdb) after enabling it again, it seemed that xbmc started reading the .nfo files I had created.

for 2. I am not sure if IMDB have changed something on their side for this, using the .nfo from point 1. above helped me around this problem, though not sure if the scrapper is still bringing back video games in its result list.
@Remedy02

Even if you have a nfo containing just the IMDb URL you still must have a scraper selected if you want to use IMDb specifically then you must still have IMDb scraper selected in "Set Content"

IMDb URLS do work with TMDb scraper as you found out but I think if the movie isn't listed on TMDb then it fails to scrape this wont happen when using IMDb scraper because obviously you know it exists on IMDb
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hi X,

From what I have noticed thus far... I initially had only the IMDB scrapper selected, and the tmdb was totally disabled. With this setting I noticed that the .nfo files I had in place were being ignored.

Once I enabled the tmdb scrapper I noticed that the .nfo files were being referenced however on this setting I was using the tmdb scrapper.

As such I am not sure if the tmdb scrapper needs to be enabled for .nfo files to be referenced even if you do not select it as the scrapper to use.
Secondly, still not sure why the IMDB scrapper seems to include video games in the result list.
If you mean you went into addons and disabled TMDb then maybe this caused a problem but wouldn't know myself as this is a totally unnecessary thing to do you can only set one scraper per source in "Set Content" to scan with you don't need to disable anything

Apart from that everything I said previously applies
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Scrapping issue, matching on games rather than movies0