Can not add source - XBMC keeps resetting
Hi all,

I am trying to add a source (my external hard drive connected to my laptop - win 7) in the video files area and whenever I go to browse network location or SMB, my apple tv exits XBMC and resets back to the main screen. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks for your help and guidance.

Habsters
Loooooooooooooooooooooogs.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
How do I provide logs? Please explain process in detail.

thanks

Read.... http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Deb...s_thing.3F

Then Loooooooooooooooooooooogs.
Well. I fixed this issue by uninstalling XBMC which I had installed from the Maintenance area in ATV Flash (black). I re-installed it through putty and I was then able to add sources. I now have all my sources. I have scraped all the movies and they all show perfectly.

My only issue now is the playback. All movies playback and stutter/jitter every 5 seconds or so. The actual video is clear, but the constant hiccups make it unwatchable. Is anyone else having this issue and if so, any solutions or fixes. I am on 5.0.1 and Eden 11.0 Beta.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this.
now i will do it ... Loooooooooggsss...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry guys. I am a noobie. I went to the link for Logs and have no idea what they are talking about. Even if I somehow figured out how to get a log on the Apple TV, I wouldn't know how to get it to my laptop so that I could display it in this forum....not that technical |I'm afraid.

If anyone is willing to give me some suggestions or step-by-step instructions of where to go and what to press, etc......instead of looooooooooooooogs, that would be appreciated and much more helpful.

Thanks
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...g_Uploader <- we won't get it much easier.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not add source - XBMC keeps resetting0