SMB share issue only on ATV2 running nightly
I have 4 xbmc systems setup, 3 are windows sharing an SQL database and the 4th is an ATV2 which doesnt like the SQL database for the time being so I just use a local library.
All my files are shared on one system under one of two shares "TV" and "Movies", the files are on an 8 3tb drive raid 6 shared using standard windows sharing without password protection on gigabit.
Most of the time I have no issue, however once in a while my ATV2 will stop streaming and give me 2 errors
1. Operation Timed out
2. Could not connect to network server

Rebooting the ATV2 doesnt help, and I have even tried updating to a new nightly build still doesnt work.

The only fix I have found is to reboot my Media Server at which point the ATv2 starts working again, but does not need a reboot itself.

While the issue is active I can go under the file browser and go to add an SMB source using the network browser. It pops up with workgroup first then gives me a full list of all my netbios system names, I can browse every system except the media server.

I have no idea whats causing the issue, ive tried wired and wireless on the ATV2, disabled my firewall entirely on the server.

I have 2 log files
First one is me trying to open the TV Source under Files and the second is with debug mode enabled using the File Browser where on line 303 I sucessfully access one system then line 314 shows the failure on the server.

1. http://pastebin.com/B53BExhW
2. http://pastebin.com/aLGPidtA

any help is appreciated

side note, all windows xbmc are running 10.1 Stable
ATV2 is currently running latest nightly Dec 2 2011 but issue has persisted through the last few nightlys I have installed.

I am assuming this is a bug? just not sure exactly how
try using the server ip instead the netbios name ... netbios resolution might get wacky sometimes...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm thinking it's an issue with the last nighties <running now december, 03>. I've tried to go back to the official release, but no luck...

I cannot see any smb source from my xbmc.

I cannot imagine what to check now... I'm sure that I've revised everything. Any suggest??. My Atv2 is correcly browsing on internet and I can log on it and browse files and from atv2 I can ping my computer...

Thanks in advance...
PD: Browsing SMB resources from my XBMC (Windows 7 version) is doing it perfectly, so it's an issue with the atv2 version and not from my computers <it's only a suspect, but I'm believing in a atv2 nighties version)
uhh, did you read the post above yours ? try using IP based smb sources.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=951171&postcount=2
I am using the ip addresses.. did you guys look at my log file?
only time netbios names are being used is in the second log file where im using the file manager and am browsing my workgroup
Please detail me how to get the smb resources... <step by step, please>. I'm trying to do it but no success... Sad. I'm trying to add a new source and detailing SMB as protocol and then typing the IP, but cannot access...

Thank you very much for your support.

It's a confirmed nightly bug??. I've tried to reinstall the official version but no success... I cannot explain it, but I don't have the source code... Smile

It's there other people experiencing the same problem??
All kind of tests done...

SMB is not accessible from my atv2. I'm running the 06/12 nightly, but I've restored the official version and cannot access too. No matter of IP address, netbios name's or so on... All tests have been done.

I've tried all of this and more, but time out error is displayed. Please, I would like to know if anybody is experiencing that problem. On my network I've 3 computers, and none of them are accessible via SMB.

I would like to know any suggestions to be able to play files stored con my computer from my atv2.

Thanks in advance...
@urlocalguru
i'll look again, hang on

@JordiMayor,

You are stealing a thread, start you own, thanks
@urlocalguru,

I don't know which OS your running (w2008/w7 ?) if possible try to switch to FTP
I am using windows 7 ultimate, and I could probabbly get FTP setup but I would rather get SMB running since FTP isnt a recommended streaming network source.
Same issues here. SMB server... syncing to XBMC... using the iP address constantly locks up and/or freezes and/or exits
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
@abrasher
please use your own thread (and post your LOGS) before you say you have the same issue....

@ulocalguru.
have you tried switching on detailed logging on the w7 box, i'm curious to see what happens on the w7 side (does it give login errors etc.)

P.S.
something silly, what kind of workgroup setup are you using ? both in xbmc and your w7 setup (name ?)
I am not sure where I would turn on detailed logging on the w7 box, do you mean the detailed logging under xbmc? I dont know how the SMB access issues from the ATV would show up on the w7 box under xbmc. unless you mean logging under windows itself and there I just have regular system logs and I hadnt looked under those for anything.

Both systems use Workgroup and under the File Manager on the ATV2 when adding an SMB source I can see the whole workgroup but when its acting up the only system I cannot browse is the Server, all other systems on the network that are setup to share do so and stream just fine.

Side note, its been a few days now since I have had an issue, so it may have resolved itself? then again it would go a couple of days sometimes without an issue.

Im more then willing to turn detailed logging in xbmc on the w7 box next time I get the issue on the ATV2, but i dont think it will show something, i think this is all on the ATV2... just not sure how
it's a weird one to diagnose....

I meant your system logs on the windows box (just to see whats going on)
also, since it's working now, did you switch some other windows machine(s) off ?
no nothing has really changed that I can think of. I will dig through the system logs next time it happens

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB share issue only on ATV2 running nightly0