Can't manually add movies to the Library anymore?
I updated my xbmc november 20th.

With dharma 10.1, I usually go in the videos folder and right click on one movie and the menu "Manually add to library" was there.

But with the new version it's not there anymore.... how do you add them manually with pre-eden? I'm clueless and I searched 25 pages without any info.

Thanks
Star 
With the target movie in focus; try 'C' from the keyboard and then movie information from that menu, or movie information directly with the key 'I', and the information widow will pop or a scrape will ensue.
Pressing C does the same as right-click and I doesn't do anything for me.

I also updated to xbmc for windows december 3rd.
Star 
Approach a folder with movies in it... with movies in focus hit C (or the right mouse button) and choose 'change content' make sure it's set for movies or TV shows.... then retry the 'I' with the select movie in focus.. You might have missed this 'set content' which is now 'change content'. If this doesn't do it... then a debug will be needed.
Me too. Can't manually add to library. Option not available.
I'm looking at it right now, so it's there. Be sure that the folder that contains all the movies has "set content" to movives
Ned Scott Wrote:I'm looking at it right now, so it's there. Be sure that the folder that contains all the movies has "set content" to movives

Yep, checked that a few times. Set back to none and back to movies a few times also. Still no good.

Any other clues?
If you have just the MovieDB plugin for movie info the latest xbmc nightlys for some reason can't see it anymore. I was having the same problem. I had only the MovieDB plugin before upgading and poof, I could no longer get info on movies. What I had to do is install the IMDB+Rotten Tomato plugin so the system sees at least one movie info plugin and then I could switch back to at least the plain IMDB plugin. Before that I didn't even have movies as a set content type and because of it I could not select one of XBMC's default scrapers for movies.
Ned Scott Wrote:I'm looking at it right now, so it's there. Be sure that the folder that contains all the movies has "set content" to movives

What version of XBMC are you running?
I suspect there's been some misunderstanding.

The option "Manually Add To Library" is no longer present. It was never really any good as all it did is dump whatever the title you gave it into the db, possibly with Genre also selectable - nothing else was available. It's much better to use an .nfo file for those movies you wish to manually add, as that way you can supply whatever information you want.

The option "Movie Information" in the context menu, is present.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I suspect there's been some misunderstanding.

The option "Manually Add To Library" is no longer present. It was never really any good as all it did is dump whatever the title you gave it into the db, possibly with Genre also selectable - nothing else was available. It's much better to use an .nfo file for those movies you wish to manually add, as that way you can supply whatever information you want.

The option "Movie Information" in the context menu, is present.

Each to their own. I actually thought it was a great feature. Really easy to add something that wasn't on moviedb.

Creating an NFO file was another step which could be avoided with the manual add feature.

Ah well.
If you have a whole heap of movies, just use filemode in the mean time - it shows all metadata available, after all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I completely agree - manual add would be really useful. I was actually searching out a way for XMBC's scrapper to put files it didn't recognize in the library automatically.

I was ignoring this problem and just not using the library until a few weeks ago when i started playing with UPNP, which only streams files that are in the library.

XBMC needs to have a good, preferably manual and automated, way of putting video files into the library that are not scrapable.
If your happy with the lack of information that "Manually Add To Library" option provided its not exactly hard to have a generic nfo that you can copy and paste in with the movie it only needs the following to provide the same as that option in the GUI

movie.nfo
Code:
<movie>
  <title></title>
</movie>

or

Code:
<movie>
  <title></title>
  <genre></genre>
</movie>
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
nfo files work great for the areas of my library that are static, like my movie library. It wouldn't even be that bad to add nfo files to my home videos if i wanted them in the library that badly... The real problem i have is with my dynamic video library - which is my PVR folder. Content changes daily in there and the video files are named automatically from EPG data, which for some shows is insufficient for the scrappers.

So my problem becomes the library is unreliable because some video clips are not added. - i have another thread open on this as well with more details:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post996262

You might ask why do i want home videos in the library - until recently, i didn't care that i couldn't get them in there... but i've been using the UPNP server quite a bit with XBMC as my server and my google tv's around the house as clients. Only video clips in the library are fed up over UPNP....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't manually add movies to the Library anymore?0