Actual TV Show Files not Showing in Library Mode
I am new to XBMC. I have tried to get this working several times. My problem is that the actual TV show files do not show up in Library Mode. The files are there and work fine in List mode. I do not have a problem with movie files playing in Library mode. Just TV show files will not show up. The fan-art and poster shows but when I click past that none of the season folders or actual files show. I have checked all the logical things. I have made sure my folder structure and naming conventions match those recommended. I have tried with the files from my NAS and also on the local drive and still no difference. I really like Library mode but I cannot use it if i can't play my files through it.
Have you tried C key on a TV Show art and clicking "Scan for new content"?
What is your naming scheme?

Preferably you should use one of these schemes:
Code:
{Show Name} - S{Season #}E{Episode #}.{ext}
{Show Name} - {Season #}x{Episode #}.{ext}
at minimum you need the #x# or the S##E##.

Otherwise XBMC won't pick them up.
He pretty clearly stated that he checked and double checked his folder structure and naming.
Thanks for the replies guys. Again folder structure is as follows...
T:\Breaking Bad\Season 3\Breaking.Bad.S03E08.I.See.You
I have made sure all shows and seasons are named with the same structure as this. I tried the clicking C and scan for new content. Did not show anything new. I also just noticed it is not showing anything past the main show folder. Some shows I have season folders if i have more than one season others just show files. either way nothing shows once i click the show in Library mode. In list mode all show are there and i can watch them. So agrivating!!!!
try:

t:\breaking bad\s03e08\Breaking.Bad.S03E08.I.See.You.xxx

just for that one episode and then restart xbmc and see if it works.
I've noticed that there are "problematic" TV-shows that cannot be picked by XBMC library even if everything is correct (though I've encountered very few of them). Putting tvshow.nfo with a thetvdb.com link into the TV-show folder always helps.
ncjones11 Wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. Again folder structure is as follows...
T:\Breaking Bad\Season 3\Breaking.Bad.S03E08.I.See.You
I have made sure all shows and seasons are named with the same structure as this. I tried the clicking C and scan for new content. Did not show anything new. I also just noticed it is not showing anything past the main show folder. Some shows I have season folders if i have more than one season others just show files. either way nothing shows once i click the show in Library mode. In list mode all show are there and i can watch them. So agrivating!!!!

There's nothing wrong with your filenaming scheme. Are you sure that you've set the content correctly for the source? What are your settings in "Edit Source"? Have you tried deleting the source, cleaning your database and readding the source? That would be MY next step.
Roman_V_M Wrote:I've noticed that there are "problematic" TV-shows that cannot be picked by XBMC library even if everything is correct (though I've encountered very few of them). Putting tvshow.nfo with a thetvdb.com link into the TV-show folder always helps.

There's just no way that Breaking Bad is a "problematic" tv show otherwise there'd be about 5000 threads about it. Problematic tv shows are the ones that are named improperly or simply do not have the data correctly inputted at thetvdb.
I would check "Selected folder contains single TV Show" isn't checked because there's nothing wrong with your folder structure or naming failing that turn on debug do a scan and post the log on Pastebin.com
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I have the same exact problem. I have tried everything that was mentioned in this thread and still nothing. I am using the Aeon theme and all my files are *.m4v.

If I got in list mode I can see all my files but if it's library mode the list becomes empty.

Strange . . .
Do your .m4v files have DRM? I have heard of people not being able to play them, or only getting sound with no video, if the file has DRM. If you downloaded them from something such as iTunes they probably contain DRM. I can't say that I recall reading about anyone not even seeing the files in their library due to this, but I don't know for sure on that. If you can see the files in files mode, be sure they play ok through files mode. If not, maybe that is your issue (maybe not, but if they don't play properly then it's a moot point anyway Wink )

Assuming that your files play fine, and there is no DRM...

These are all pretty obvious questions/suggestions but often times those are the things you tend to take for granted and overlook.

When you set up the source did you set the content type (TV Shows) and scraper (TVDB)? Double check and re-scrape.

Have you tried simply deleting the source and adding it again?

Are you importing a library from another copy/version of XBMC?

Do you have "Hide Watched" enabled in your skins view settings?

Do you have nfo files for all of your shows?

If not, that could help (though XBMC should still be able to scrape the majority of them with the TVDB scraper even without the nfo files...).

If so, did you create them yourself, have a 3rd party app create them, OR were they created by XBMC?

When you added the source, did you select "exclude path from library updates"?

If all else fails, as X said, enable debugging, scan for new content, and post a pastebin of your log.
I too have the same problem. In library mode I can only see episodes of 30 Rock, none of my other series show up. I don't have nfo files, but as the other posters said you shouldn't need them. I have followed the naming conventions suggested for the files and the folders.

Any new ideas?

Cheers

Southie
Also having issues here with Beta2.

About 45 of 80 TV-Shows are scraped. The others are ignored.

Pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/dssVrRkG
Ballistic Wrote:Also having issues here with Beta2.

About 45 of 80 TV-Shows are scraped. The others are ignored.

Pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/dssVrRkG

You need to post a debug log which that isn't a normal log shows us nothing Huh

Have you actually checked they are listed on tvdb
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actual TV Show Files not Showing in Library Mode0