Ubuntu - A few movies disappear from library
I have been using Ubuntu for a while now, and I have a weird problem. There are a few movies that scan into the library, then on the next boot, are gone. They can not be seen in the file view or be scanned back into the library. If I change the file or folder name they will be scanned back in, but disappear on the next boot.

I originally had the files streaming over SMB, but have since changed to NFS trying to get the movies to stay. If I ssh into the Ubuntu box, I can see the files in the mounted "/media/Movies" folder. So, Ubuntu can see the files just not XBMC. I can also see the files from other computers and my AppleTV.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and a XBMC nightly from last month.
What can I do to get my all my movies to stay on my Ubuntu box?

Thanks
When you say they disappear, do you mean they don't show up in library mode? If that's the case, have you watched them? If you have, try going into your skin settings, while in library mode, and see if "Hide Watched" is checked. If it is, disable that and see if they show up again.

If the movies are not there in the file manager, I'm not sure what could be causing that.
Yes, they are watched, but so are a lot of other movies. "Hide Watched" is not enabled.

When I go to Videos-Files-Movies, I can not see the movies that have disappeared.

When I ssh in and type "ls /media/Movies", I can see the movies.

I'm not sure what would cause XBMC not to see them when they are obviously there.
Hmm, I'm not sure what could be causing that. But if they were there using SMB and are not with NFS, I'd start with that, i.e. XBMC's NFS integration. Unfortunately, that's one thing I haven't played with, so I'm not much help there.
They were not working with SMB, that is why I changed to NFS.

I have even deleted the video database and rebuilt. The same movies still disappear.
I think I figured it out. I changed the skin back to Confluence and checked the "hide watched" setting, and sure enough, it was checked. I unchecked it and my movies reappeared Big Grin . Then I switched back to Night and they were still there.

I'm not sure what happened, why one skin could have it checked while another didn't. Also, why that setting affected what showed up in the file browser.

Hopefully my movies are here to stay this time Laugh
I had the same problem with Night. While I really like it, and it's a fairly lightweight skin (works well on ATV1), it's flakey at best. I had to do the same thing you did, i.e. go to another skin, uncheck "Hide Watched" and then go back into Night in order to get things to show up. That's why I asked what I did in my first question.

Glad you got it figured out.
Um, why not just change "Hide Watched" in night?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Because it seems to be broken?
Works fine for me. Scroll which ever direction you need to go to get to the settings. (Mine is Up in Poser view). Scroll over to "Watched". Toggle it.

In night the setting shows you what is NEXT, not what it currently is. Meaning if it shows "hidden" it means it's showing you everything, if it says "shown" it means it's hiding watched.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu - A few movies disappear from library0