Launch Applescript for EyeTV Live TV
Hi,

I have written an applescript that launches EyeTV's live TV screen in full screen.

Is there a way to create a menu item in XBMC that runs the script and opens EyeTV?

Code:
tell application "System Events" to tell process "EyeTV"
    set frontmost to true
    key code 53 using command down --launches the Menu
    keystroke "0" using command down -- sets to fullscreen
    key code 53 -- closes opening message box
end tell

I still have to figure out how to get back to XBMC once EyeTV closes but thats the next challenge.

Thanks
Dave
I was trying to do the same thing recently, without applescript. I was able to create a launcher item with Advanced launcher , however I was unable to get to the correct window. SOmewhere I read that you could force this window to always be full screen, but I dont think that it resolved the problem completely.

On another note , all newer versions of eyetv can stream to iThingies; ippd, iPad, etc.

Supposedly there is also an API to change channel etc. As I understand it and I have not played with it much (for lack of a TV signal here), that one could easily access the stream even with a web browser. Leads me to ask the question of the complexity of the API for changing channels,. etc.
Hey,

1. The script is a great idea. Can't help you unfortunately but Advanced Launcher does the first bit, ie. launch eye tv.

2. I am still mucking round which is why I haven't posted back in the advanced launcher thread but...

Have a read of this post from angels cry..http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=950...count=2786

I didn't see the secondary fullscreen setting but I did set eyetv to launch a live window in fullscreen as default. I had xbmc in fullscreen and eyetv launches no probs. Eyetv is setup as a standalone app with all arguments removed. Channel changing works through the eyetv interface and it doesn't return to xbmc. I haven't tried other apps yet but this is where I am at. the other issue that arises is that the launch opens a second docked version of eyetv and if for example you returned manually to xbmc and launched eye tv again, it would open a third version and so on...

As far all the other idevices with eyetv, yes you are right that they do support it and so does the browser but integration within xbmc would still be preferable.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Put the two together... use Launcher to open the Applescript. You should be able to save Applescripts as a kind of self-contained application.
gsi095 Wrote:Hi,

I have written an applescript that launches EyeTV's live TV screen in full screen.

Is there a way to create a menu item in XBMC that runs the script and opens EyeTV?

Code:
tell application "System Events" to tell process "EyeTV"
    set frontmost to true
    key code 53 using command down --launches the Menu
    keystroke "0" using command down -- sets to fullscreen
    key code 53 -- closes opening message box
end tell

I still have to figure out how to get back to XBMC once EyeTV closes but thats the next challenge.

Thanks
Dave

Hey Dave, have you had any luck with this.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

did anyone get this to work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch Applescript for EyeTV Live TV0