Reprogramming Green Button on MCE Remote?
Hi,

I just bought a Rosewill RHRC-11002 from Newegg and it worked pretty much fine with XBMC out of the box.

The main issue I am having is that the buttons like the Green Windows button, the My Videos/My Music/etc. all open Windows Media Center by default. The instructions included with the remote (both paper and PDF file) are absolutely worthless as far as information goes.

I have reprogrammed these buttons to open what I want them to (green button does XBMC, the my buttons do the XBMC sections, etc) using Event Ghost, but it still opens Windows Media Center. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open both?
in your registry goto :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

Then delete the keys from "CodeSetNum0" to "CodeSetNum3".

To make sure you can recover these keys easily should you want to you should save them by using the export function in the file menu.

Then restart windows and viola.

note that these values might return (sometimes when plug/unplug the ir reciver)
You don't need Eventghost. If the remote is RC6 as the advert claims then install the MCERemote add-on and you can use that to configure all the buttons including the green button. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for details.

JR
CrimsonGT Wrote:Hi,

I just bought a Rosewill RHRC-11002 from Newegg and it worked pretty much fine with XBMC out of the box.

The main issue I am having is that the buttons like the Green Windows button, the My Videos/My Music/etc. all open Windows Media Center by default. The instructions included with the remote (both paper and PDF file) are absolutely worthless as far as information goes.

I have reprogrammed these buttons to open what I want them to (green button does XBMC, the my buttons do the XBMC sections, etc) using Event Ghost, but it still opens Windows Media Center. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open both?

As jhsrennie pointed out here, but if you cant bother to read the wiki then the ultimate solution here! If your remote is an RC6 then couple of mouse clicks and you are good to go.

BTW, your remote is similar to mine but my one has more buttons, picture here!

Cheers,
EG.
Awesome, thank you guys so much! Just out of curiosity, can these remotes actually be reprogrammed rather than just changing Window's way of handling the them?

What I mean is, I would like to be able to maybe change the volume keys to control my Audio system as opposed to the PC Volume. When I had Event Ghost open, it was picking up the codes from the remote for the Audio unit, but I have had no luck finding information on possibly reprogramming this remote.
Looks like you'd need the 11001 kit with the IR receiver/transceiver - or another eHome IR with an IR output (3.5mm).

Like this one:
CrimsonGT Wrote:Awesome, thank you guys so much! Just out of curiosity, can these remotes actually be reprogrammed rather than just changing Window's way of handling the them?

No.

You can achieve something along these lines if the receiver supports a blaster. That's the thing plugged into the 3.5mm jack in live4ever's picture. However i'd say this was more pain than it's worth.

The original MS remote, which will work with your receiver, allows the volume and TV power buttons to be learned from a different IR handset, but original MS remotes are rare and expensive these days.

Your best option would be to buy a universal remote. The most popular universal remotes are the Harmony range, but ironically these don't work terribly well with your receiver as they have a rather slow response to pressing buttons. This can be tweaked on the more expensive Harmonies, but the entry level Harmony 300 and 300i can only do 2 button presses a second, and this gets very annoying when you're trying to step down a list.

JR
Hello,

I use this procedure:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=mceremote

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reprogramming Green Button on MCE Remote?0