Sharing Fullscreen DirectX display with another application (+ eventghost question)
I'm using a variant of MPC-HC to play 3d movies in anaglyph via a driver.

However, MPC-HC launches in a D3D accelerated mode.

I have created a rule in XBMC's playercorefactory.xml to launch anything with SBS in the name in this player. However, nothing happens when I try and play these from the file manager.

I think that as XBMC is running fullscreen, it doesn't let MPC-HC steal its fullscreen accelerated display.

My question is, if I set playercorefactory to hide xbmc, will this allow MPC-HC to take fullscreen accelerated mode?

If not, is there a way to pass the filename via evenghost to the new player, and use eventghost to close XBMC temporarily?
Are you sure MPC-HC is being launched. A debug log will show you exactly what XBMC is doing when you attempt to play a video. A quick test would be to press backslash to switch XBMC to running in a window then play a video. It should be obvious if MPC-HC is running in the background.

JR
Does this help?

Code:
13:10:22 T:2456  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:10:28 T:3164   ERROR: PCRE: nothing to repeat. Compilation failed at offset 0 in expression '*sbs'
13:10:28 T:3164  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Media Player Classic\iZ3DMPC.exe
13:10:28 T:3164 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
13:10:28 T:3164  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (true), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
13:10:28 T:3164  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: smb://nick:unintended@ASTERISK/complete/3D/Green Hornet 3D Half SBS/GNHT SBS.mkv
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Media Player Classic\iZ3DMPC.exe
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : \\nick:password@ASTERISK\complete\3D\Green Hornet 3D Half SBS\GNHT SBS.mkv
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   : {1}
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Releasing audio device 1
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Hiding XBMC window
13:10:28 T:3436  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Media Player Classic\iZ3DMPC.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Media Player Classic\iZ3DMPC.exe" \\nick:password@ASTERISK\complete\3D\Green Hornet 3D Half SBS\GNHT SBS.mkv
The command looks OK. Try opening a command prompt and manually typing:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Media Player Classic\iZ3DMPC.exe" "\\nick:password@ASTERISK\complete\3D\Green Hornet 3D Half SBS\GNHT SBS.mkv"

and see if the video starts.

Did you try checking the 2Use a fullscreen window ..." setting, and running XBMC as a window?

JR
MC is set to run at fullscreen in D3D mode fullscreen.

It opens with the latest playercorefactory.xml but doesn't play the video.

I have also tried this with XBMC running in a small window.

I'll try that command line this evening. This is one of the final pieces in the 3d puzzle.

I suppose the alternative is to sue a DSplayer build - I assume with that you can't also select the normal DVD player though? The anaglyph driver I use required directx and I don't want xbmc gui to run in anaglyph so it is excluded atm.

EDIT: Also, when XBMC runs as a window it still has a title bar which detracts from the whole experience sadly.
What anaglyph driver?

Edit: sorry, using google kinda helps in not asking useless questions.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
jhsrennie Wrote:The command looks OK. Try opening a command prompt and manually typing:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Media Player Classic\iZ3DMPC.exe" "\\nick:password@ASTERISK\complete\3D\Green Hornet 3D Half SBS\GNHT SBS.mkv"

and see if the video starts.

Did you try checking the 2Use a fullscreen window ..." setting, and running XBMC as a window?

JR

This launches the MPC-HC variant but doesn't play the file Sad

The anaglyph driver I'm using is the IZ3D driver - it is pretty nice Smile
nikc0069 Wrote:This launches the MPC-HC variant but doesn't play the file Sad

There's your problem. You need to work out what the command line arguments need to be to launch a video. The iz3d forums don't appear to allow anonymous access, but if you register and ask there I expect someone can help.

JR
Ta JR - I have done exactly that and will report back if I get an answer. Always seems to be you that answers my questions, so many thanks.
nikc0069 Wrote:Ta JR - I have done exactly that and will report back if I get an answer. Always seems to be you that answers my questions, so many thanks.

No answer over there yet Sad Even after 16 views I'm not sure I'm going to get anything....

This is a shame as its the only program that runs on the Zacate smoothly when dong anaglyph on the fly (and the custom ColorCode based matrix is pretty damn good at keeping the colour).
It seems this version of MPC-HC is not happy taking the network path as input. Once I mapped the drive and used a file letter being passed to it from XBMC, it worked fine. I now have Colorcode anaglyph playing out of XBMC Smile 3d tv on the cheap with full colour muahahaha.

Thanks everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing Fullscreen DirectX display with another application (+ eventghost question)0