List view - movie/tv show description gone
Hi there,

I am using the skin on my ATV2 and it works great!
However I have noticed that when using the list view, the movies and tvshows descriptions don't appear any more under the poster.
The space is there but no text... Does anybody have the same issue?

Thanks!
frakassor Wrote:Hi there,

I am using the skin on my ATV2 and it works great!
However I have noticed that when using the list view, the movies and tvshows descriptions don't appear any more under the poster.
The space is there but no text... Does anybody have the same issue?

Thanks!
frakassor,

Sorry sport, crystal ball broken and in the shop, how about providing a few more details so I fix whatever the problem is. Which version of the skin and XBMC are you using. Maybe a debug log and a screenshot would help as well.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, if you are using a recent nightly, skin info is now shown in system info menus.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
wyrm Wrote:frakassor,

Sorry sport, crystal ball broken and in the shop, how about providing a few more details so I fix whatever the problem is. Which version of the skin and XBMC are you using. Maybe a debug log and a screenshot would help as well.

Fair enough, sorry for not being more precise.
The skin is v1.2.0 and xbmc pre-11 running on apple tv 2.
System platform mac osx.

So basically on the list view i normally see the list of movies on the right, the poster on the top left and a description on the bottom right.
Here the description has been gone for approx 1 week.

Hope you can help.
C
frakassor Wrote:Fair enough, sorry for not being more precise.
The skin is v1.2.0 and xbmc pre-11 running on apple tv 2.
System platform mac osx.
frakassor,
That's cool, usually the reason people insist on debug logs is that all of the required info is in this file and there is no need to try to guess. Saves the backwards and forwards on trying to pin down info.
Quote:So basically on the list view i normally see the list of movies on the right, the poster on the top left and a description on the bottom right.
Here the description has been gone for approx 1 week.

Hope you can help.
C
Now I take it you are using a nightly of XBMC and of the skin (from Passion repo)? I ask this as I am running the Nov28 build of XBMC on Windows7 and I see no problem. I am also running the skin on the family AppleTv2 (but a earlier build of XBMC) with the last repo update from Passion and again I see no problem.

So I think it maybe a change in the build of XBMC that you are using has caused a visible condition not to equate properly. Have you tried the following:-

1. Tried a different view (List2 view as a start, Wall view also shows the same info so that would be a good one to check as well)?
2. Tried to display the movie info on the info display?
3. Tried using a different skin to see if it displays the movie info there?

4. And finally if you are not seeing the info in the previous three suggestions, have you tried changing the build of XBMC that you are using?

I am just finishing off the horizontal home menu changes that I have made to the skin, so fingers crossed, should be a new push to the Passion Repo either tomorrow or the following day. If it is something that I have done in a previous push to Passion repo, it maybe fixed in this repo update.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

wyrm Wrote:Now I take it you are using a nightly of XBMC and of the skin (from Passion repo)? I ask this as I am running the Nov28 build of XBMC on Windows7 and I see no problem. I am also running the skin on the family AppleTv2 (but a earlier build of XBMC) with the last repo update from Passion and again I see no problem.

Yes I am using the skin from the Passion repo. The build I have of XBMC is June 23rd 2011.

wyrm Wrote:So I think it maybe a change in the build of XBMC that you are using has caused a visible condition not to equate properly. Have you tried the following:-

1. Tried a different view (List2 view as a start, Wall view also shows the same info so that would be a good one to check as well)?
2. Tried to display the movie info on the info display?
3. Tried using a different skin to see if it displays the movie info there?

4. And finally if you are not seeing the info in the previous three suggestions, have you tried changing the build of XBMC that you are using?

1. For all other views, list2 included, the movie description appears as usual.
2. The movie info appears perfectly.
3. Other skins work fine, but xTV is the one for me Wink
4. No I haven't tried changing builds, I'd rather not try that.

wyrm Wrote:If it is something that I have done in a previous push to Passion repo, it maybe fixed in this repo update.
Fingers crossed it will be corrected, it is an awesome skin.
C
frakassor Wrote:Yes I am using the skin from the Passion repo. The build I have of XBMC is June 23rd 2011.

1. For all other views, list2 included, the movie description appears as usual.
2. The movie info appears perfectly.
3. Other skins work fine, but xTV is the one for me Wink
4. No I haven't tried changing builds, I'd rather not try that.

Fingers crossed it will be corrected, it is an awesome skin.
C
frakassor,

OK, will give that code a quick check to make sure nothing wrong. Hope to push some code to the repo this afternoon (Oz Time), so hopefully you will see an update come thru Passion tomorrow morning (Paris time 2am).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hey how are you? I am so glad your still on the job send me your paypal email address so I can share the love, eg take the kids to the movies.
Great job just running up test of Frodo with your Skin 1.3.1, first thing I had to do was set Home Menu:Home type to Vertical, not sure why this was not the default.
One small problem I cannot seem to solve is in Movie List View the movies are coming up with movie length underneath the title and there is no option to turn it off in "View as" my settings here are List,File,Assending,Stacked.

Chearz Marty
(2013-07-04, 03:05)genie Wrote: Hey how are you? I am so glad your still on the job send me your paypal email address so I can share the love, eg take the kids to the movies.
I've been better. Have been a bit ill lately, thus the slower rate of changes going to Passion at the moment. Thanks for the offer, but don't have access to Paypal, maybe you should make a donation to XBMC instead (everyone gains that way).
Quote:Great job just running up test of Frodo with your Skin 1.3.1
Really need to bump that version number as you are running version 1.3.1+ if you are running from Passion repo at the moment, might have to call it 1.3.3 as transfix insists that my current version is 1.3.2 and I will probably make a couple of minor changes to some of my skin strings with the new version.
Quote:, first thing I had to do was set Home Menu:Home type to Vertical, not sure why this was not the default.
Lots of reasons why "Vertical" home menu is no longer the default, but the main one is that while the vertical menu is easier for people who can't read (just look at the pictures instead), the horizontal menu is a more compact way to show what is available. For example on my test system if I change to vertical home menu I have 20 items in the list (lots of scrolling to get to what I want). Horizontal home menu this is shown all on one screen (although sub lists are hidden, so still scrolling to see some item anyway). So really it a choice between a home menu that non readers can navigate or a home menu that is more compact. In my case all of my children can now read, so I prefer the compact form. Really it's one setting in the skins settings menu, so no real issue to change back to old menu type. As a side note, I have been playing with a icon type home menu (think Gen3 AppleTV home menu) but I am still not happy with what I have so have not added that to the production form of the skin. This might change if I can fix a number of issues with what I have locally.
Quote:One small problem I cannot seem to solve is in Movie List View the movies are coming up with movie length underneath the title and there is no option to turn it off in "View as" my settings here are List,File,Assending,Stacked.

Chearz Marty
Marty, sorry I have way too many options in this skin now really don't want to add any more(so there is no setting in the skin to change this). But yes you are right it is a bit redundant to show the duration of the movie twice on the one screen. The way List view works now is more in keeping with how the AppleTV looks (trying to make skin more AppleTV like), but there is no reason why I can't change what info is shown in the lower half of the listitems, what would you suggest?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List view - movie/tv show description gone1