[WINDOWS] XBMC stops playing videos every 5~15 min
I have XBMC (Pre-Eden, AEON MQ3) installed on Windows 7 (x64), and a Mac (Lion 10.7.0) with my entire files connected via Ethernet using SMB networking.

At an apparently random period between 5 and 15 mins (usually closer to 5),
XBMC will stop playing whatever video file (regardless of format) it is playing and return to the selection screen. From there I can continue playing from the point it stopped (for another 5 - 15 min).

I can find no reason in my settings either in XBMC or Either networked compter as to why it is failing to constantly play videos.

:confused2:
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Start a video playing and wait for it to bomb out. When it does, close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Here's the log output. Video file played for nearly 15min before crashing out.

[LINK]

----

Also:-

XBMC has a new trick, with multi part movies (cd1, c2, etc.), in this case a 3 part XVID movie, it likes to jump forward parts.
ie. After starting the Movie (again at random intervals) it jumped to cd2, sometimes landing near the beginning of the next file, other times near the middle, but never any further (I got fed up of finding my spot again and again).

Here is a log of that behaviour playing an entire 20seconds of a film before jumping.
[LINK]

For the record, there was no user input into XBMC from starting the files, until either the video crashed out, or the jumping behaviour.
In both instances I immediately shutdown XBMC for logging sake.
You're getting repeated errors of the form:

DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:...

These errors occur from the time playback was started, and the playback eventually bombs out with the errors:

ERROR: ffmpeg[16C]: [mpeg4] ac-tex damaged at 25 8
ERROR: ffmpeg[16C]: [mpeg4] Error at MB: 345
INFO: ffmpeg[16C]: [mpeg4] concealing 570 DC, 570 AC, 570 MV errors

I'd guess ffmpeg doesn't like the way the video has been encoded. A (reasonably) quick test would be to recode S01E04 - Heather.avi to x264 with Handbrake and see if this makes any difference.

JR
Thank you so much for your help,

After much frustration I wiped and re-installed Windows 7 on the Client machine and copied over my XBMC settings and reloaded and everything just worked.

I imagine it was an issue with SAMBA or some high level networked setting on the Windows machine that momentarily interrupted the connection and would not allow XBMC to hold a consistent video steam and assuming it had reached the end of a file and either loading the next part or returning to the main menu.
System: Windows XP SP3 build 2600
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

My files are stored on an unRaid box connected via ethernet

I am very new to XBMC -- I first installed it in January of this year and love it. The problem I outline below just started happening 3 days ago -- I was able to play the videos without issue until then.

I am now having a very similar issue to the one that started this thread. When I try to play a video from TV Shows or Movies I get the following error: This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library? I click No, then exit XBMC, start it up again and the show will play -- but then will stop randomly within 5 - 15 minutes

Here is the link to my log file http://pastebin.com/BVRtUMJz

Thanks
I would guess you have some form of network problem.

If you copy the film to the HTPC and play it locally do you get the same problems?

JR
Hi,

Can someone help me plz my xbmc frodo 12.3 stops playing internet vidoe streamin every 5~15. i'm using windows 7 (64bit)

I have debugging turned on. Here is an example of a failure in playback.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=184952

thanks you guys for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC stops playing videos every 5~15 min0