Linux Need some help with an emulator install
This is probable more appropriate in the mednafen forum, but since this is a more active user base, and it seems to be a recommended emulator here, I thought I would give it a shot...

I installed the latest mednafen from source, but realized I forgot to specify the directory I wanted it to install to. I did a sudo make uninstall, and it seemed to uninstall it. I then reran configure, with my directory chosen, and then make and sudo make install. It installed to my chosen directory, but when I run it via command line, ubuntu tells me it is not installed, and to apt-get it. Can anyone help me either fix that issue, or roll it all the way back, so I can do a completely fresh install?

Thanks!
The shell only looks for programs in certain places, meaning if you installed the emulator to some random directory the shell won't find it automatically. Normally when compiling from source the binaries are installed into /usr/local/bin. If you installed somewhere else, let's say /opt/bin, you'll need to run the program with the full path (e.g. /opt/bin/mednafen) instead of just "mednafen".
Thanks, that makes perfect sense!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some help with an emulator install0