[Mod] Christmas theme
All,

Just like last year I thought I would create a very simple Christmas theme for the Confluence skin. This simply adds a Santa hat on to the XBMC logo in the home window when the logo is visible during December.

Add the following code into the Home.xml in the 720p folder of the skin.

Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>Christmas</description>
    <posx>500</posx>
    <posy>145r</posy>
    <width>128</width>
    <height>64</height>
    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    <texture>santa-hat.png</texture>
    <visible>!IntegerGreaterThan(Container(9002).NumItems,0) + system.date(12-01,12-31)</visible>
    <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
    <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
</control>

The Santa hat image can be downloaded from here. Place it in the Media folder of the skin.

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas.

Karl
karld1977 Wrote:All,

Just like last year I thought I would create a very simple Christmas theme for the Confluence skin. This simply adds a Santa hat on to the XBMC logo in the home window when the logo is visible during December.

Add the following code into the Home.xml in the 720p folder of the skin.

Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>500</posx>
    <posy>145r</posy>
    <width>128</width>
    <height>64</height>
    <visible>!IntegerGreaterThan(Container(9002).NumItems,0) + system.date(12-01,12-31)</visible>
</control>

The Santa hat image can be downloaded from here. Place it in the Media folder of the skin.

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas.

Karl

i have no idea where to place this code you have to be more specific body
Quote:i have no idea where to place this code you have to be more specific body

Here is a copy of my Home.xml file, just overwrite the one in the 720p folder of the Confluence skin, and then copy in the Santa hat file into the Media folder.

You may need to download your own copy of the Confluence skin first, I'm on a Mac and I needed to do that as I can't modify the one shipped with XBMC.
karld1977 Wrote:Here is a copy of my Home.xml file, just overwrite the one in the 720p folder of the Confluence skin, and then copy in the Santa hat file into the Media folder.

You may need to download your own copy of the Confluence skin first, I'm on a Mac and I needed to do that as I can't modify the one shipped with XBMC.

thank you so much...much better
I'm a bit of a noob to XBMC (I recently came from XBMC4XBOX). Can some kind person please tell me if this mod still works on Eden Confluence? Also there's another thread here which has a png of some lovely Christmas lights. I don't suppose they could be made hang somewhere (like the XBMC logo at the bottom (but it might obscure the RSS feed) of the screen?)
Yes, the Santa hat mod still works with Eden Confluence. Smile
Thanks mate. I've found the confluence skin folder in /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/ but I am unable to upload the hat png or the home.xml file.....help!
Yes, I had trouble getting the image to display on that Photobucket page as well. I ended up getting it by right-clicking the thumbnail of the Santa hat on the image scroll bar and then selecting the browser option to save the image (with the name santa-hat.png). As for Home.xml, I just copied the statements from the code block above and pasted them into my existing Home.xml in-between the </control> statement (approx. line 55) and the <!-- Music info --> statement (approx. line 56):

Code:
:
            <visible>[Player.HasAudio + !Skin.HasSetting(homepageMusicinfo)] | [Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(homepageVideoinfo)] | [Container(9000).HasFocus(2) + Skin.HasSetting(homepageShowRecentlyAdded)] | [Container(9000).HasFocus(10) + Skin.HasSetting(homepageShowRecentlyAdded)] | [Container(9000).HasFocus(11) + Skin.HasSetting(homepageShowRecentlyAdded)]</visible>
    </control>
    <! -- SANTA MOD BEGINS HERE -->
    <control type="image">
            <posx>500</posx>
            <posy>145r</posy>
            <width>128</width>
            <height>64</height>
    </control>
    <!-- SANTA MOD ENDS HERE -->
    <! -- Music info -->
    <control type="group">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>20</posy>
:

I recommend making a backup copy of your Home.xml before making these modifications just in case something goes wrong. Also, I tweaked the vertical alignment of the hat from 145r to 138r in the <posy> statement so it more closely resembles the screenshot above.

(2011-12-06, 13:16)karld1977 Wrote: Image

ah, there's my other hat.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Nice! But make sure that pom-pom doesn't obstruct your vision on your one good eye.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Christmas theme0