• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2012-03-10, 12:08)beta-j Wrote:
bobo1on1 Wrote:The channels in boblight.conf don't match the arduino pins, you should use channels 4, 5 and 6 as shown in the howto.
Also, set hscan to 0 100 since it's the only light you have.

So if i'm understanding correctly - since I have a single RGB LED strip, the number of channels in boblight.conf should be 3 and it should use channels 1,2 and 3 no?

I tried setting it with 6 channels and using 4,5 and 6 as well as 3 channels using 1,2 and 3 but no luck so far.

25 leds are 75 channels, 50 leds are 150 channels and so on
how many leds do You have on that strip?
Adalight with Lightpack calculator (with boblight support) http://tvgloria.hu/
(2012-03-13, 11:27)smajor Wrote:
bobo1on1 Wrote:The channels in boblight.conf don't match the arduino pins, you should use channels 4, 5 and 6 as shown in the howto.

So if i'm understanding correctly - since I have a single RGB LED strip, the number of channels in boblight.conf should be 3 and it should use channels 1,2 and 3 no?

I tried setting it with 6 channels and using 4,5 and 6 as well as 3 channels using 1,2 and 3 but no luck so far.

no, wrong. three channels for one strip, not for one led.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-03-13, 11:48)phil65 Wrote:

No, not wrong. RGB -> Red, Green and Blue. 3 channels for one LED. So 50 LED's are 150 channels. Not that difficult.
(2012-03-13, 16:29)George Wrote:

No, not wrong. RGB -> Red, Green and Blue. 3 channels for one LED. So 50 LED's are 150 channels. Not that difficult.

Believe me. LED strips are several RGB leds arranged in paralle (--> they all send out the same coulours all the time)l, so you only need 3 channels for one strip with several leds.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Quote:Believe me. LED strips are several RGB leds arranged in paralle (--> they all send out the same coulours all the time)l, so you only need 3 channels for one strip with several leds.

Sorry, you're right. I thought you were referring to the channels in the boblight.conf. Confused
So what are we talking about then? Smile I was thinking boblight.conf too Big Grin
I'm posting my question because i noticed something in beta-j's config.
It's about the color section in boblight.conf

I went back to boblight wiki at google code page and noticed this example.

Code:
[color]
name            red
rgb             FF0000

[color]
name            green
rgb             00FF00

[color]
name            blue
rgb             0000FF

[color]
name            yellow
rgb             FFFF00
adjust          0.5
blacklevel      0.1
gamma           2.3

[color]
name            white
rgb             FFFFFF
adjust          0.3
blacklevel      0.7
gamma           1.6

I'm running boblight on OpenELEC using Arduino Uno R3 and the led strands from Adafruit and so far it's working perfect.
Only playing with some color settings to fit my needs.
In the default config shipped in boblight i only saw RED, GREEN and BLUE but when i saw beta-j's post and reading the wiki i noticed YELLOW and WHITE as well.
Can i add these 2 colors to my config or doesn't that make sense and is it only for certain setups? The led strands i'm using only have RED, GREEN and BLUE so i'm guessing it doesn't make sense to add WHITE and YELLOW to it or am i wrong?
(2012-03-13, 23:13)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm posting my question because i noticed something in beta-j's config.
It's about the color section in boblight.conf

I went back to boblight wiki at google code page and noticed this example.

Code:
[color]
name            red
rgb             FF0000

[color]
name            green
rgb             00FF00

[color]
name            blue
rgb             0000FF

[color]
name            yellow
rgb             FFFF00
adjust          0.5
blacklevel      0.1
gamma           2.3

[color]
name            white
rgb             FFFFFF
adjust          0.3
blacklevel      0.7
gamma           1.6

I'm running boblight on OpenELEC using Arduino Uno R3 and the led strands from Adafruit and so far it's working perfect.
Only playing with some color settings to fit my needs.
In the default config shipped in boblight i only saw RED, GREEN and BLUE but when i saw beta-j's post and reading the wiki i noticed YELLOW and WHITE as well.
Can i add these 2 colors to my config or doesn't that make sense and is it only for certain setups? The led strands i'm using only have RED, GREEN and BLUE so i'm guessing it doesn't make sense to add WHITE and YELLOW to it or am i wrong?
white and yellow aren´t used in the lights section so they do not have any effect. they only make sense if you have yellow leds for example if I understand it correctly.
btw, to get the colors right i added an adjust=0.65 for blue. colors fit very well now. don´tknow if that counts for blue leds in general.
(2012-03-13, 00:51)phil65 Wrote: which software did you take for your arduino?

here it is:

Code:
void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(38400);
}

//arduno
  uint8_t outputs[] = {9, 10, 11};

#define NROUTPUTS (sizeof(outputs))
uint8_t values[NROUTPUTS];

void loop()
{
  WaitForPrefix();

for (uint8_t i = 0; i < NROUTPUTS; i++)
  {
    while(!Serial.available());
    values[i] = Serial.read();
  }

for (uint8_t i = 0; i < NROUTPUTS; i++)
    analogWrite(outputs[i], values[i]);
}

//boblightd needs to send 0×55 0xAA before sending the channel bytes
void WaitForPrefix()
{
  uint8_t first=0, second=0;
  while (second !=0x55 || first !=0xAA);
  {
    while (!Serial.available());
    second = first;
    first = Serial.read();
  }
}

(2012-03-10, 12:08)beta-j Wrote: So if i'm understanding correctly - since I have a single RGB LED strip, the number of channels in boblight.conf should be 3 and it should use channels 1,2 and 3 no?

We need to distinguish between the different kinds of LED strips that are available. The one I'm using is simply a string of some 25 LEDs connected in parallel - i.e. the entire strip only has 4 pins (R,G,B and GND).

However i know there are other LED strips which allow for addressing of each LED individually (not sure how these work though).

(2012-03-13, 23:13)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm running boblight on OpenELEC using Arduino Uno R3 and the led strands from Adafruit and so far it's working perfect.

Have You seen this?
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/810
Do You think adalight would work with this too.
$25 fullhd player would be nice. 8)
(2012-03-14, 00:04)phil65 Wrote: -cut-
btw, to get the colors right i added an adjust=0.65 for blue. colors fit very well now. don´tknow if that counts for blue leds in general.
Thanks. I'm going to try this and see if it's betetr as my current config.

Currently i have:
[color]
name red
rgb CC0000
[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00
[color]
name blue
rgb 0000DD

(2012-03-14, 14:13)smajor Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 23:13)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm running boblight on OpenELEC using Arduino Uno R3 and the led strands from Adafruit and so far it's working perfect.

Have You seen this?
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/810
Do You think adalight would work with this too.
$25 fullhd player would be nice. 8)
I have seen it but i doubt if it will be powerful enough. XBMC will probably work but i don't know what to expect from the performance it delivers. From what i know Boblight itself isn't that resource heavy so if your lucky it will work.
Won't work on rbpi for now because the ctypes module for python is not compiling atm (same problem like for ios devices). And if someone get it compiled in the future its unlikley that it will work on that embedded boxes (maybe a bit - but not the full fps).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Can i use boblight for music? Why isn't projectm or mildrop supported?
because its not possible atm. What do you think? *narf*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry for this stupid question, but i couldn't find a statement why it isn't supported. I thought i would be easy Sad
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3